Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BowTech/No Warranty >

BowTech/No Warranty

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowTech/No Warranty

Old 09-11-2007, 08:48 AM

Default BowTech/No Warranty

A friend of mine purchased a BowTech Alligeance from a private citizen. After a few months the limbs split. BowTech would not warranty the bow purchased from a private individual. UNDERSTANDABLE. however, he purchased new limbs from an authorized BT dealer and had them installed. BT sent him notice that even his new limbs purchases were not covered with any type of warrany. Pretty sad that they seem to be more interested in Fortune 500 than standing behind their product. Before I get yelled at, remember I said he purchased new limbs from BT and BT still would not warranty the new limbs. Too bad, decent bow[:@][:@][:@]
Old 09-11-2007, 08:56 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: BowTech/No Warranty

ORIGINAL: RHanbaum

A friend of mine purchased a BowTech Alligeance from a private citizen. After a few months the limbs split. BowTech would not warranty the bow purchased from a private individual. UNDERSTANDABLE. however, he purchased new limbs from an authorized BT dealer and had them installed. BT sent him notice that even his new limbs purchases were not covered with any type of warrany. Pretty sad that they seem to be more interested in Fortune 500 than standing behind their product. Before I get yelled at, remember I said he purchased new limbs from BT and BT still would not warranty the new limbs. Too bad, decent bow[:@][:@][:@]
Well the bow is a unit. Limbs do not break on thier own. As one told me, "do you know any other bow company that would warranty them?".

Old 09-11-2007, 09:39 AM

I don't know about your buddies situation but I do know personally that BowTech will go well above and beyond what they have to just to keep a customer satisfied! I have only ever had two companies go to this extent to keep their customers happy, Summit treestands and BowTech.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to be too harsh. But that is one reason I spent the extra $$$ on a new bow. I wanted the warranty.

That is a risk you take paying less for a used bow. With some of the used prices, you could buy
two sets of limbs and still come out even or ahead.

Given your buddy's situation, it would be more legitimate to criticize the product (the limbs) than
the lack of warranty.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand his frustration. Bowtech is no different than any other bow company in that respect. Having said that, any company with the brains to warranty the bow with a transferable warranty like for example "Leupold" scopes would quickly build an amazing market share and the value of its used products would soar. I don't believe for a minute that there would be any more claims just because the name of the owner changed and if there was the increase in business and customer loyalty would certainly cover it. If the bow has a defect it will fail regardless of who owns it and they should stand behind it. I find it strange that a bow company will stand behind a bow I bought for years but if I give it to my brother in law they turn thier backs on him. On another note I have had excellent service from Bowtech and would recommend the product to anyone. BUT BOW COMPANY WARRANTY"S SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 AM

You are right, the warranties suck, however, remember, he PURCHASED NEW LIMBS FROM BOWTECH, THEY will not warranty the new limbs that he purchased and installed by an authorized BOWTECH dealer. Hoyt, Mathews and PSE will warranty the parts that you buy from them. As far as the bow being a "unit" well the riser, limbs, cams, strings all go together to complete the weapon system, if "A" part fails then that part can be replaced and should be under warranty, if a part fails that causes a catastrophic failure then there was defective materials or workmanship. Didn't mean to hurt the feelings of the BT fans, it is an awesome bow, thought it was poor business not to warranty their own part installed by their authorized dealer.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

wouldnt have that prob with PSE
Old 09-11-2007, 11:53 AM

I had the same thing happen to me years ago with another brand of bow. That is the gamble you take when buying used.

rick
Old 09-11-2007, 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: RHanbaum

You are right, the warranties suck, however, remember, he PURCHASED NEW LIMBS FROM BOWTECH, THEY will not warranty the new limbs that he purchased and installed by an authorized BOWTECH dealer. Hoyt, Mathews and PSE will warranty the parts that you buy from them. As far as the bow being a "unit" well the riser, limbs, cams, strings all go together to complete the weapon system, if "A" part fails then that part can be replaced and should be under warranty, if a part fails that causes a catastrophic failure then there was defective materials or workmanship. Didn't mean to hurt the feelings of the BT fans, it is an awesome bow, thought it was poor business not to warranty their own part installed by their authorized dealer.
the way i'd look at it is this... if you bought a used, out of warranty pickup and the alternator went out, would GM, ford, or dodge warrant a factory replaced alternator??? nope... i understand your frustration, but this isn't some kind of unprecedented practice imho... while i would have seen it as awfully cool if they HAD warranted the new limbs, i certainly wouldn't have expected them to... maybe the client expectation is a bit high on this???

fwiw - i don't own a bowtech...
Old 09-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

My dad bought a bowtech mighty mite used off of ebay, and when he recieved it, he was use to a 65% let-off bow, and drew back the mighty mite. Well he did about a 3/4 length dry fire when letting it in. The bow was fine for about a year then a big crack appear in the top limb.So he called up bowtech, and told them he bought the bow off ebay, and a crack had appeared in the limb after he bought it. They sent him out brand new limbs, and 3 bowtech hats and shirts. Yes 3, They even sent him a different poundage limbs then what was on his bow because he didn't like the heavier draw weight. We have never had a problem with them.

Quick Reply: BowTech/No Warranty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.