Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Horton Summit Trigger Assembly & Dial-A-Range Removal? >

Horton Summit Trigger Assembly & Dial-A-Range Removal?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton Summit Trigger Assembly & Dial-A-Range Removal?

Old 08-26-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Horton Summit Trigger Assembly & Dial-A-Range Removal?

All,

Can someone provide me with instructions for removal of the dial-a-range and trigger assembly from the Summit 150 stock? I want to remove itto clean and lub.

Thanks,

Roger Barker
Old 08-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Horton Summit Trigger Assembly & Dial-A-Range Removal?

The Horton dial-a-range, aka dial-a-rage can be pinned solid in one position, but I don't have the data on how to do it. If you use any sight system besides single red dot or peep and pin, this is a good idea. The rope cocker has a habit of moving the dial from what you had to what you don't know about, hence dial-a-rage. there was a graphic description of this process on AT xzbow forum a while back, am sure you can get the info there. A Horton xbow w/ Excal V-zone [good for 10-50 yds] w/ pinned dial -a -rage leaves nothing to be desired for deer hunting.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:57 PM

awshucks,

Thanks. I saw the thread here. I will probably lock the dial-a-range. I have noticed it moving when I cock the Summit. I would still like to know the procedure for removing the dial-a-range and trigger assembly so I can clean a lube.

Thanks again.

Roger
Old 08-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn [Jason] is the residant Horton guru, he'll chime in sooner or later, the poor b*sterd has to work for a living, lol.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:31 PM

You will not find any "Official" instructions on how to take it apart and clean it. Horton will not give that info out even to its authorized dealers, at least none that I have ever seen. If you ask them about it in phone or email they will tell you that all trigger work has to go back to factory no ifs or butts about it. They are afraid of lawsuits from people putting itback together wrong and then injuring themselves or others if not back together right. If you have a all composite barrel then you can see by the looks of it that it ain't easy looking and thats why I never messed with it on my old super mag. I had thought about doing it but it has the appearance of if you take me apart I will not go back together! If you have a machined aluminumrail then with afew screws one on the for end and one up by the triggeryou can gain better access to it. If you remove therail then you can expose most of it and clean it pretty good. I have never found a good set of instructions on proper assembly of the Horton triggers. IMO I have never wanted to risk it, alot of force on it and if you mess up someone can get hurt. Sorry I can't help more, but Horton just don't release the trigger info that I have ever seen.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:34 PM

Almost forgot Dan, this was my weekend off! Spent most of it helping with flood stuff though! I may have time tomorrow before my night shift rotation starts to shoot the Nap quick spins a little with Don's string!
Old 08-27-2007, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the input, guys. Awshucks, please post a link to the AT xzbow forum. I'd like to check it out.

Thanks,

Roger