Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the best base layer >

What is the best base layer

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the best base layer

Old 07-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default What is the best base layer

What have you found to be the warmest base layer for late season? What about mid layer. I have a nice outer layer just need to add to it.

How many layers do you use?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:30 AM

Default RE: What is the best base layer

Layer 1; moisture wicking base layer.
Layer 2; ScentLok BaseSlayers
Layer 3; PolarTec heavy weight thermals
Layer 4; Adaptation Fleece (BassPro)
Layer 5; (if needed, another heavy fleece pullover)
Layer 6; Wolfskin Enigma

I know 6 is quite a few layers, but it's not bulky at all. It does, however, take about 20 minutes to get dressed every morning....[&:]
Old 07-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the anti-microbial Under Armour, but I really don't have much to compare it to. Apparently, something in the material kills the scent-producing organisms that live on your skin. I can tell you that it's a whole lot better than regular spandex or cotton long johns. Even the coldgear is okay for warm weather, b/c it wicks away the sweat. On hot days, I just wear the compression shirt with nothing else.

(this is the Armourblock antimicrobial logo - so look for it on the UA gear before you buy)

Have heard a lot about the X-static (X-Scent)stuff too. Also anti-microbial (scent free).

Old 07-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm with quick. I wear the UA heat and cold gear.

Early season will be the new Predator stuff that I hope is a lot like the UA heat gear.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Enduraskin from BPS. It's similar to the Under Armour and X-Scent - anti-micro and wicks moisture.

They are all good. I would buy the one on sale.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah and make sure to get the camo ones because ?
Old 07-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am a big fan of patagonia's capiline as a base layer,it comes in different weights,I also like Smart wool merino wool,and Ulfrotte merino wool.Temperature will dictate which option I am choosing.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some decent choices listed above but I haveMUCH better results with the Termastat Polar Weight series of underwear from Cabela's. You've got to try some of this stuff. Absolutely hands down, THE best I've found. What's most impressive is it's a very thin, incredibly light weight material that doesn't even seem like it should keep you warm in any condition?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0005027900981a&type=product&cm Cat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=thermastat+underwear&am p;N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&am p;Nty=1&Ntt=thermastat+underwear&noImage=0

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0005027900983a&type=product&cm Cat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=thermastat+underwear&am p;N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&am p;Nty=1&Ntt=thermastat+underwear&noImage=0
Old 07-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Bartender

The Wind
Old 07-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

any polar fleece.

Quick Reply: What is the best base layer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.