Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 missouri breaks, montana archery elk >

missouri breaks, montana archery elk

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

missouri breaks, montana archery elk

Old 02-25-2007, 08:15 AM

Default missouri breaks, montana archery elk

Geetings, I am seeking information on hunting the misssouri breaks for elk. Was unsuccessful in the draw last year and have high hopes of getting a tag this fall. I am not looking for a guide but am seeking info on the area and I am willing to pay or trade hunts for the above info. I have a 600 acre farm in KY with some excellent deer as welll as acess to numerous acres in Central Illinois Can somebody help? thanks brian
Old 02-25-2007, 08:48 AM

Default RE: missouri breaks, montana archery elk

Goodluck on the tags ,I have been unlucky for 2 years trying.I hunted the breaks for deer more then 10 years ago .I do not know about the elk hunting .I hear it gets really crowded in the breaks the last couple of years.

[/align]
Old 02-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brian, I've been over there for archery the past few years and Hunting units 620's & 410 areas are a guaranteedtag but a permit is required.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Bobby
Old 02-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a neat area to hunt. I've rifle hunted the area before and there are some MONSTER bulls in there, the state fish and game department ismanaging the place for some record book bulls. Of course we had a cow tag only and saw some unbelievable bulls. We filled our cow tag. The rifle bull tags are almost impossible for non-residents. The area that I've hunted had a 3 bull tag quota for non-residents last year.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:06 AM

The breaks are way overhunted in my opinion there are some quality animals around but not as many big bulls as there used to be although you can still find some big bulls the trick is to find that ten other hunters arent hunting if you get the tag email me and I will try to help Craig
Old 03-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

My dad drew the breaks tag last year and I went with on the hunt to help out. If you draw I can help to get you started...Which unit??We were hunting north of Jordan. If you go, hope for no rain. That country is terrible for its gumbo.