Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 kimber 8400 vs browning white gold medallion >

kimber 8400 vs browning white gold medallion

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

kimber 8400 vs browning white gold medallion

Old 01-30-2007, 01:05 PM

Default kimber 8400 vs browning white gold medallion

I am buying my first rifle in 270 wwhich one would be better gun a Kimber 8400 or a Browning white gold medallion does anyone have experiance with any of these guns . need some help.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: kimber 8400 vs browning white gold medallion

Im not sure one is really better than the other in this case but givin the option I would take the kimber hands down. If price was not an option of course.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!!!-you really must have been doing some big time researching to come up with these 2 choices for a 1st rifle. I am highly impressed. I love a-bolts and kimbers both and you sure ain't gunna go wrong with either choice. Both of these rifles has a few features that I like more than other one. Handle both of em and buy the one that feels/operates best in YOUR hands. Let us know which you pick and how you like it.
Best of luck Neil Stalkingbear
Old 02-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Obviously it's your choice and I would hold them both, being comfortable is very important..

But if it was my choice I would buy the Kimber, own several and love them. Would be one heck of a first rifle, that's for sure..

Old 02-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

Kimber hands down.....i love my brownings but im just not a fan of the A-Bolt, a short tight action, but its just not for me
Old 02-08-2007, 09:55 AM

one of my hunting buddies has a white gold medallion, and it is both beautiful and very accurate. his has the boss, in 7mm rem mag. while i don't personally like a boss, his gun shoots nosler partitions great. it kind of depends on your taste in rifles. the browning has a lot of "shine" to it, thus the beauty. the kimber has that classic look, which is far more likable to me. another elk hunting buddy has a plain abolt in 7mm rem mag, blue and synthetic. he has killed a lot of deer and elk with that gun over the last 15+ years, without one problem. his rifle is also very accurate. either gun will last you a lifetime, and provide a lifetime of reliable service. you should get both rifles in your hands and see which "feels" the most natural. get that one and you will never have to look back. good luck.