Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/17 *Graphic Pics*) >

Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/17 *Graphic Pics*)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/17 *Graphic Pics*)

Old 07-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/17 *Graphic Pics*)

So a rep stopped in the shop and dropped off a package of these. I like them. They do have a rubber o-ring on the back that keeps them closed when installed right. I feel the reason guys are having them open prematurely is because they aren't closing them correctly. The blades are beefy, and sharp enough to shave hair on my arm. We only got a package of the 2 blade ones, I would like to see the 3 blades. They come with a free practice head as well.

Anyone gotten a pack of these yet? For the guys that shot snypers, what kind of a target did you sight in with? I am thinking of picking these up at the shop as a line to sell for this year but want to hear more from people that have used them and if they like them or not. I haven't got to shoot them yet. If you guys don't like them who do you recommend us to pick up? We have muzzy, steelforce, rocket, slick trick soon, and the shuttle t-locks. What else should we get and why?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:21 PM

Default RE: Rage Slip Cams......

ive seen em on Jay Gregory's site and they look deadly and were deadly on some turkeys
Old 07-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

Iv'e used them for turkeys, bear and pigs and have worked great. their website www.ragebroadheads.com has some of the bears that were shot with them this spring
Old 07-26-2006, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

We finally got our order of 2 and 3 blade heads in the shop today. I really really like these. I shot the 3 blade mulitiple times into a target and had no problems with them. They of course flew just like field points, but I was only able to get back to 15 yards to shoot them. The rumors of them prematurely opening must be because of user error and not using the blade retention sytem correctly, because I saw nothing of the sort. I really really like these heads a lot and will be using these as my primary head this year, with slick tricks as backup to shoot through blind mesh.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Matt,
Looking at your picture of the 3 blade......does that notch on the backside of the blades sit on the O-Ring? Is that what keeps them closed or do they have some internal system?
When they are shot open does the O-Ring flip down or do the blades simply "bounce" around it?

I do LOVE the idea of a rearward opening 1.5" broadhead.

Blade sharpness good?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Matt,
Looking at your picture of the 3 blade......does that notch on the backside of the blades sit on the O-Ring? Is that what keeps them closed or do they have some internal system?
When they are shot open does the O-Ring flip down or do the blades simply "bounce" around it?

I do LOVE the idea of a rearward opening 1.5" broadhead.

Blade sharpness good?
Matt:

There is no internal friction type retention like spitfires, it is retained by the notch you see in the back and that band. I think the problems people are experiencing with these prematurely opening is because they aren't seating that 0 ring into the channel on the ferrule of the head properly and then making sure each blade is seated properly. It would be easy to do this wrong if someone isn't paying attention. I actually like this system better than say a friction type of retention system like the spitfires, because I believe friction types are less reliable, and use more energy to open than something like this. The blade system is almost identical to the G5 Tekan II's, I used these last year and my main hunting partner killed a nice doe with them and they worked beautifully and managed to sever the spine and sternum on the deer with a complete pass thru as well, not too shabby for a mechanical.

The 0 ring was staying in the channelupon impactwhen I was shooting it last night. I do think one would want to be careful to make sure that this 0 ring was in good condition before hunting if you have practice shots on it, I am sure it takes a beating if you put a couple dozen shots on it and probably should be replaced if you do shoot it a lot. I didn't see the snypers hands on that everyone raved about last year, I have heard they were scary sharp. These are pretty darn sharp though, sharp enough to shave the hair off my arm (I have a bald patch to prove it). The blades are real thick too.......about as thick or thicker than my slick trick blades.

The practice head doesn't open, however has the same exact profile as the closed real head......this is nice and I think should be something every top end broadhead should have as part of the package.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just wanted to update this thread because I have really shot the heck out of these in the last week. I like these to the point that I think I am going to hunt out of the blinds this year without the mesh just so I can shoot these heads. These heads shoot great, and the entrance hole they are cutting in my target is nothing short of outstanding.......they are fully open on the entrance @ 2". Can't wait to shoot something with them, hopefullythis weekend.......
Old 09-26-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went to the web site and it appears that they are only offered in 100 gr. Do you know if they are offered at 125 gr.?
Old 09-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

I went to the web site and it appears that they are only offered in 100 gr. Do you know if they are offered at 125 gr.?
They are not offered in 125.......
Old 09-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

RJ, I've shot 4 bucks with the 2 blade RM Snyper and yes, the entrance hole is outstanding, at least a full 2" cut and the exit hole is of course fantastic. I've had no trouble with them ever prematurely opening. When I practice with them, I shoot them into a broadhead target and keep them closed with tape. I like the dental floss idea but unlike the jack knife style heads, these rearward opening heads open every time, you can't hardly keep the shut, that's what's wonderful about them, flawless opening on impact rather than through impact.

I'd imagine the Rage is exactly like the Snypers. The only negative I've heard about the 3 blade Rage over the Snyper, at least my experience with the 2 blade is the 3 Blade Rage is noisy in flight. Are you experiencing that?

Great heads tho and I wouldn't have even tried them hadn't not been for 5 shot's reviews.

Quick Reply: Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/17 *Graphic Pics*)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.