Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Landowner Hunting Permission Form >

Landowner Hunting Permission Form

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Landowner Hunting Permission Form

Old 05-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Landowner Hunting Permission Form

I want your guy's (and gal's) input here. Since I had a little downtime I made up a nice little one sheetcontract that I can use to acquire permission to hunt on properties. I would like you guys to look over it and tell me if I forgot anything that I should add. Does the wording look OK too? This was my first attempt and I want to make it look good.

Also, there is a front and a back. They line up so I can just cut the paper in half and I keep the top, they keep the bottom. Any comments are appreciated.

One other thing...I want to make a "Hunter Business Card"but I'm not sure what to put on it. I was thinking like name, address, home phone, cell phone, hunting lic #, cars I may drive......any thing else I could add to it?

Thanks for your help,
Steven

Front:

Old 05-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Landowner Hunting Permission Form

Back:

Old 05-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks good to me bud

Old 05-06-2006, 11:53 PM

Looks real good. I always just did it with a handshake though and transfer of business cards.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:42 AM

308 thats just what I've been looking for thanks.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks you guys...

hunter9022: I used to go with a handshake before, but lately the block of properties whereI hunt has been getting a lot of trespassers, so I created this so hopefully all landowners will start to use it and then when everI see someone in the woods, it will be real easy to see whether or not they have permission.

I had a problem with a dad and his kid trespassing yesterday and after I talked to them (they were acting funny), I went to the landowner and discovered that those two shouldn't have been there. If the property owners start using this system, then checking permission will be really easy.

dayna0306: If you would like to use this paper, I can email it to you so you can open it up in a word processor and fine tune it to your needs. Let me know.

Thanks for everyones input so far. Does anybody have any other recommendations for a "Hunter Business Card"?

Steven
Old 05-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Only one thought. I don't think I'd leave it open to hunt this or that. It's hard enough these days to get hunting permission without voluntarily restricting yourself. I say, get the permission and you're in. As you hunt you should be stopping to say hello, share game, offer to help etc.Then a simple, saw some nice turkeys today, do you have any problem with me hunting turkeys next spring? yada yada yada. Keep it simple. Farmers don't like to be having to check boxes and fill out a survey. Just give him a form with the season or dates, restrictions, absolve him or liabilityand give him a place to sign. Most farmers don't or shouldn't be assumed to know all the different stands etc. That should be covered in talking to the guy. If you get permission asking about such things as trimming, stands etc. Chances are if he knew all the stands and how they worked he'd be a hunter and wouldn't want you there.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

ODNR (Ohio Dept. Of Natural Resources) has a printable version that is something like you have mad up. You can also write to them if you live in Ohio and they will send you the same with carbonless copies so you can give a copy to land owner when he signs it.

http://www.dnr.ohio.gov/wildlife/PDF/DNR%208924.pdf
Old 05-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

davidmil: Thanks for your input, the only reason I have some boxes like that is I know for a couple properties I hunt, they are going to have some restrictionsas to weapons, seasons, and treestands. I do plan on explaining everything out to them and filling the form out myself, I just put them all in there to put the owner to rest because they will know exactly what I will be doing. Everything will be talked about and such....I just did it for the owners peace of mind. I may change the treestand types however...that is a good suggestion. Thanks for your input!

teamster284: I got the wording off of the Ohio website.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:58 AM

You should put your vehice info on there. Looks great!

Quick Reply: Landowner Hunting Permission Form

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.