Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pa's Late Archery Season >

Pa's Late Archery Season

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pa's Late Archery Season

Old 12-16-2005, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Pa's Late Archery Season

Pa's late archery opens the day after Christmas. Anyone have any special tactics and where will you be hunting?
Old 12-16-2005, 08:28 AM

Default RE: Pa's Late Archery Season

i have always seen deer and got shots during the second archery season.......the deer will be looking for food so any standing corn or late cut corn is def an area to consider.......i hunt mostly properties that have had limited pressure all season so the deer aren't as jumpy as others that are hunted hard..........i love it when there is fresh snow in the woods also so its easier to track and the deer stick out like a sore thumb...........i will be hunting in chester county on one of 3 places that i have not hunted all year (due to the fact that I moved to VA)..........i have had some success by rattling lightly in the second season as well and have seen bucks still rubbing trees. From my experience, surviving bucks will group up with one another. last year i saw three small bucks together, a 3,4 and 6. i think the 4 and 6 made it to the following year cause i saw them in the same are, same antler frames but bigger tines. what part of mont. co are you hunting?
Old 12-16-2005, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

hunt the food sources..........

Old 12-16-2005, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I try to do as Rick instructed. Late season typically finds the deer herded up do to the cold and lack of food sources. Key in on what they are feeding on and you should find success. I will be trying to hunt a new area this late season as I already tagged out for my typical hunting grounds.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bittersweet time for me. I'm all tagged out, but I don't get to hunt. \

But I will still be out scouting or grouse hunting or fox hunting.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:43 PM

Chester County. I still have one more doe tag and a little room in the freezer. I raise my stands 4 feet higher and hunt woodlots in the suburbs. We see a lot of movement between 2 and 4 pm when they start to move to the neighbor's landscaping for a snack.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I actually hunt in Delaware Co as well as Mont Co, WMU 5-D.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be hunting in 1B and 1A....but its gonna be with my smokepole.

I'd try setting up off the food sources just a ways so you can see the deer during daylight as they make their way towards the food.

You could also try some soft pushes to see if you could get the deer to move more during daylight...if you go slow and soft enough they should just slink by an offer a stander a shot.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:12 PM

this is going to be my first late archery season. I still have the buck tag left so i'll be out there. i talked to some of my hunting buddies and they also said to hunt food sources so i'll be set up at an edge of a corn field
Old 12-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey OConnorPA I see your from Towanda. I used to hunt SGL #36 just outside of Powell back in the mid 70s> Is it still kickass deer hunting around there? Also is the RUB A DUB PUB still on main street?

Quick Reply: Pa's Late Archery Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.