Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Primos' Lil Can

Old 09-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Primos' Lil Can

Anyone use the Lil Can? What do you think? Now's the best time to use it right?
Old 09-30-2005, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Primos' Lil Can

I have used the regular can for 4 years now, it seems to work best right before the peak breeding starts. I make a call with the can, then follow it up with a few tending grunts using a grunt tube. If there are any bucks in the area, they will hustle over and try to get into the action. I would just experiment, things may work different in your area.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

IVE USED THAT STINKING CAN HERE IN NORTH ALABAMA AND HAVE NEVER SEEN IT WORK ..AND ITS NOT JUST ME ...I HAVE SEVERAL BUDDIES USE IT TO TO AVAIL ...

ROLL RIDE
DD

Old 09-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I used it last year like this....

I was desperate. The fellows at the WMA in Florida told me they had called does in on it. I used it for about 6 trips with no luck. Last year central Florida had a late rut. Jan. 1st I went to my stand. I'm a Christian and often read my Bible while sitting. My plan was for every 3 chapters of the word read to use the Primos can. I read 3 and used it once. I was on John chapter 5 when I heard some noise. I looked up and saw a spike buck coming my way high stepping as if he had a purpose. I really wasn't expecting to see a deer I reckon for the cover was still on the scope. I tore it off. he stopped looked and continued high stepping throug a foot of water going slosh ...slosh..slosh. I quickly put th ecross hairs near the vitals for he was starting to disappear. Something in me said"Shoot!" I did. He fell dead instantly. Yeah...I love the Primos can.
Chuck
Old 09-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

CHUCK YOU SURE THAT SPIKE DIDNT COME BECAUSE HE HEARD YOU PRAYING AND NOT TO THE CAN?? ;&gt)

DD
ROLL TIDE

Old 09-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Dr. Death,
No I'm not sure my friend. I had just reada book on calling deer and the author said the deer can pin point right where the sound is coming. Tha tdeer was heading straight for me.I 'm new at calling and have had 3 bucks answer my grunt call before. I talked to a pro at the gate one morning and understood why I did not score on those calls. He said." Chuck , when the buck answers back..put your call away, he's on his way. ." Like a newbee ,I kept grunting and the deer did not come. I bought a pair of 8 point antlers off of E-bay and plan to do some rattling too sometime when I figure when the best time is to use them. You appear to be a pro sir. When would you recomend. I believe a pro is one who can hunt a tough WMA and score about 3 times in a season. I will listen all day to someone like that.
Chuck
Old 09-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dr. Death always has that dry sense of humor
Old 09-30-2005, 04:23 PM

I have had success with it . Last bow season maybe 2nd week of october . I had a nice 8 point sparring with a 4 point about 50 yds away in the bottom of a gully . I was waiting for them to work their way up my hillside to the feild . Well the 8 pointer messed around and it was getting close to dark . He started walking away from me so i hit the can . He turned right around and took a couple steps twards me . He stood there for a coule minutes and turned to walk awya again . So i hit it again this time a little louder . He took about 10 steps in my direction . This went on for about 10 mins everytime he looked away i would hit the can . Finally he made up his mind to find out where the hack it was comin from and walk passed me at 15 yards . I passed on the shot though , I was holdin out for the 12 that was in the same area . A decision I regret now . He woulda been on my wall . I will never be in the woulds without it , I'll tell ya that much .
Old 09-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I use the "Great Big Can" and have been very happy with its performance. I called in my buck last year with it. Two quick flips of the can and he was trotting right at me with no thouht whatsoever to anything else besides the doe at the other end of that call.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:19 PM

i bought one last year, but to no avail, didnt see a thing. Then again didnt anything without it either

Quick Reply: Primos' Lil Can

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.