Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
white super 91 set up >

white super 91 set up

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

white super 91 set up

Old 03-15-2017, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default white super 91 set up

not sure how you guy's set up your rifles but here is my set up. i use high qd rings which allows me to keep my lyman 57 smet in place the only thing i had to do is take a .0002 off the top of the peep so it didn't hit the bottom of the scope. or you can leave the barrel mounted peep sight which sits just under the bell of the scope. so if your scope takes a d..mp while hunting your open sights are sitting there already sighted in. anyone else doing this ? btw you can remove the lyman peep sight off the base of course and keep in a pack but i prefer to have on gun ready to go !

Last edited by muzzlestuffer; 05-05-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not a bad idea MS. All my rifles that have iron sights, either ML or CF and the sights don't interfere with the scope, I sight them in first before installing the scope. And just for the reason you mentioned. However, in all the hunts I've been on I've never had a scope crap out on me. But its nice to know that you have a back up sighting system just in case.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Not a bad idea MS. All my rifles that have iron sights, either ML or CF and the sights don't interfere with the scope, I sight them in first before installing the scope. And just for the reason you mentioned. However, in all the hunts I've been on I've never had a scope crap out on me. But its nice to know that you have a back up sighting system just in case.
Yeah its just a insurance policy.some states don't allow scopes and sometimes I just prefer open sights so you have both ready to go !