Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Phone Skope

Old 01-03-2017, 06:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not really all that funny, one day you might wish our young people were more of Luddite since many can't do simple math in their heads and can't make change without a computerized cash register that tells them how much to give. Just look around you, how many people are walking or sitting while looking down at a smart phone, how many people can't stand to be out of reach of their phone all day long. When technology becomes your life instead of helping you in your life and becomes the master and you the slave, there is a problem and we are getting close to that now. I will be Luddite if it makes you happy, however I don't fear technology, I just won't be a slave to it.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

What ^ he said!!!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will be Luddite if it makes you happy, however I don't fear technology, I just won't be a slave to it.
Same here. I don't fear technology and I know how to use technology but I still know how to read a compass and use an actual map, navigate by dead reckoning and the stars, estimate ranges in my head, calculate bullet drop based in field experience, process my own game, work on my own cars and not be afraid of the sound of my own company. I neither want nor require to be constantly connected to other people via electronic gadgets and I also refuse to become a slave to them!
Old 01-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Amen flags, Amen!!!
Old 01-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

always said NMs a highly intelligent collage educated redneck, I'll now revise that, he's a highly intelligent collage educated high tech redneck puter geek all he posted is over my head
RR
Old 01-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

So much love, I feel... ;-)
Old 01-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Careful or they'll have you teaching classes.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

This thread is too funny!
Old 01-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Yup. Prolly a lot of similar conversations about smokeless power, lever actions, semi-automatics, etc. You can likely still find a few of these conversations between traditional and in-line smokepoles in the BP forum.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Same here. I don't fear technology and I know how to use technology but I still know how to read a compass and use an actual map, navigate by dead reckoning and the stars, estimate ranges in my head, calculate bullet drop based in field experience, process my own game, work on my own cars and not be afraid of the sound of my own company. I neither want nor require to be constantly connected to other people via electronic gadgets and I also refuse to become a slave to them!
It's all fun and games until the batteries die.

I've always been a big believer in redundancy. I always bring more than one firearm. I don't even trust rifle scopes, all my mounts are removable and my rifles have iron sights. I'm never without two compasses.

Murphys law is my mantra, "anything that can go wrong will go wrong". And I'm a firm believer in the KISS principle, "keep it simple stupid".

Military maneuver June 14 1975, out of a hundred and thirty guys, including Officers, I was the only one who had his winter gear with him. 15 degrees F, 30 MPH wind, pretty much a blizzard, the snow got knee deep in a couple of hours. I had one Officer tell me "you know I can order you to give me your Parka", you can imagine what my answer was to that. The old saying, "Plan for the worst and hope for the best" really helped me out that day.

Technology is neat, I'm not going to put to much trust in it. When you run out of options is when things get hairy. And the more complex something is the more likely it is to fail.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 01-17-2017 at 04:58 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.