Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Shotgun scope question >

Shotgun scope question

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Shotgun scope question

Old 11-27-2016, 06:01 PM
Spike

Default Shotgun scope question

Hey everyone. I have a Mossberg 500 wrapped in camo. It came with two barrels, one slug with iron sights one bird barrel. I would like to add a scope to hunt with, Preferably for deer with the slug barrel. I would love to have the scope and mount to match the camo on the shotgun but it doesn't really matter. I was able to pick up a,weaver mounting base for 10 bucks locally. I'm not sure what would be a good budget scope for the shotgun? I don't want to spend more then 100 dollars. Also the scope would be mounted to the receiver and not on a canter lever barrel in case that's important.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why would you mount the scope to the receiver and not to the cantilever? If you do what you want, you would need to take the scope off and resight everytime. Look into the Bushnell XLT 3-9x40.....there is absolutely no need for a shotgun only scope, a rifle scope is just fine
Old 12-01-2016, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Not all shot guns come with a cantilever scope mount. That is why you mount it to the receiver.
I have a Bushnell Dusk to dawn 1.5 to 7 mounted on my 870 which I took off a muzzle loader I bought with it on.

Al
Old 09-12-2017, 02:35 AM
Spike

Default Nikon Deer Slugger BDC 200 scope

Nice deer Al

As for scopes, My Rem 870 Sure Shot wears a Nikon 2-7x32 slug gun scope.
I especially like the BDC reticle to take the guessing out when making that shot!
Old 09-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Little more than you want, but Leupold VX-1 is under $200, I believe. Shotgun will have sme recoil, a cheap scope may be so-so.

Myself, I would never fool around with that cheap a scope. But I realize money is relevant. I like VX-2 and 3s. To some those are cheap.