Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Redfield Revolution V Nikon Pro Staff >

Redfield Revolution V Nikon Pro Staff

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Redfield Revolution V Nikon Pro Staff

Old 10-14-2016, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you can get a Leupold VX-1 3-9X40 for less then $200. Several places(Midwayusa, Optics Planet) have sales on them from time to time for around $150. The Leupold company had a $50 rebate on them for awhile, I think it might be over with now.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

I got kind of excited today one of the guys I work with told me I could get 40% off a new Vortex scope through my work. I called them and they said the discount is off the MSRP catalogue price. I checked their price and I can still get it cheaper at my local Cabelas then what their MSRP is minus 40%.
I have read lots of good things about the Vortex scope so I might take a look at those as well.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

In general, I don't do much with ~$200-250 scopes. If I'm going budget friendly, I stay under $200. If I'm working on a serious hunting rifle, I'm $400+. The Buckmaster was really the lowest Nikon line I prefer.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

Both companies are great. However I had a great expience with Nikon this summer. They replaced a scope on a rifle that blew up on me I never thought it possible but their no fault warranty is real. Now I am not sure Leupold would do that.
I have a Redfield and it is nice and clear as are all my Nikons. They may be clearer than my Vortek Viper that was alot more money.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

I just found the Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40 on Amazon for $178.00 with free shipping so I went with that. I might not need the extra power but it is there if I do. My local Cabelas will put it on at no cost which surprised me.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by flyinlowe
I just found the Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40 on Amazon for $178.00 with free shipping so I went with that. I might not need the extra power but it is there if I do. My local Cabelas will put it on at no cost which surprised me.
I think you'll be happy with your choice. But as for having Cabelas put it on..hmmm. I like to do my own installation so I know its done correctly. Over torquing ring screws can damage scope tubes. I believe Leupold recommends a 15-17 inlbs of torque - which isn't a whole heck of a lot. I usually go a little more in case of a mis-machined or out of spec ring. Normally about 20 inlbs.