Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Red Dot Sights & magnifiers >

Red Dot Sights & magnifiers

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Red Dot Sights & magnifiers

Old 07-25-2016, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Red Dot Sights & magnifiers

Anybody here use holographic style red dot sights backed with a magnifier on their AR's, or any other rifle. I am seriously thinking of switching to red dots on my AR's but would most definitely have to have some magnification as my eyesight aint what it used to be. I was thinking 3X should be strong enough. Thoughs, opinions and pics if you have them. Please and thank you!
Old 09-16-2016, 07:50 AM
Spike

What do you use your AR for? Target shooting, hunting, or both? What distances do you shoot? I have an Eotech on one and a primary arms red dot (same as aimpoint micro) on the other. I don't have a magnifier on either one...I've tried it and did not like it. The Eotech, by far, is faster.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eotech sights do not get larger when magnified which is nice for precision shooting. They are nice sights but an expensive setup IMO. For the price of an Eotech sight and magnifier you have a lot of options for a scope which I prefer using.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

I have used eotech and magnifier. I like it but for my purpose I like a scope better all around. 3x9 works for 5.56mm
For around the house I like conventional sights with tritium front.