Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Best eye relief?

Old 05-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good shooting "form" will make up for a little less eye relief.

The only time it becomes a real concern is on sharp angled shots uphill or downhill with larger calibers.

Last edited by Sheridan; 05-03-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Hate to say it Hubby11, but if you can't get on target with 25 feet FOV at 100yds then you seriously need to get out and practice target acquisition. I have no problems at all with the longer eye relief FOV reduction. Snap right on to target with ease. I know the light transmission on my Omega is VERY good and that new XR is supposed to be even better.
I agree that shooing at a "target" with 25' FOV at 100 yards should not be a problem, if it is a clear shot to the target and there is little movement. Take that same target and put it in the woods with heavy brush, maybe add a few other targets (meaning several deer) and have them moving over varied terrain and a larger FOV is a definite advantage. It's just a trade-off.