Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Props to Leupold!

Old 12-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Props to Leupold!

I have long been a fan of Leupold. Today they jumped up a notch in my book.

I recently went to swap out some scope bases on one of my rifles, and somehow my base screws got misplaced between the time that I got the bases and went to put them on.

So I emailed Leupold last week asking what size screws I needed to buy. Today in the mail, they sent me 4 screws. LOL, they didn't even respond to my email!

Gotta say, that is some awesome customer service! I certainly wasn't asking for or expecting that... just trying to find out which were the correct screws to buy. Kudos to Leupold, well done!
Old 12-17-2014, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a Leupold guy myself and have never needed to call them for anything but your comment is exactly why I'll stay with them. Thanks for letting us know about your positive experience!
Old 12-17-2014, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't care what the company name is................That's service.

Customer for life !!!

Although I'm a Burris guy - (never needed to contact them) LOL
Old 12-18-2014, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
I don't care what the company name is................That's service.

Customer for life !!!

Although I'm a Burris guy - (never needed to contact them) LOL
That was my thought exactly. I was quite surprised, especially given that they didn't even respond to my email... just sent the screws. I was actually expecting an email back with what screws I needed, which would have been totally fine.

You don't find many companies these days (of any type) doing that. Most of the time they try to figure out how to not give you something for nothing, even if they should.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

I agree. Costumer service next to none. At least my dealings with them.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll chime in with a positive.

About 10 years ago I contacted them about a fixed power 4X M7 scope with post and crosshair. It sat on my favorite rifle, a Mauser 98 sporterized to 243 Win. The gently used rifle was a gift from my gunsmith/grandfather over 40 years ago and the scope was probably at least 10 years old at that time in 1974.

The ocular lens had sustained a pretty deep chip (all my fault) and had lost its seal and had grown cloudy. I contacted them to see what the charge would be for them to bring it back to good operating condition. I was perfectly willing to pay whatever it cost to get my favorite rifle/scope combo back to where it was when I received it.

They gave me the address for sending it in to be examined and told me they would contact me with the results of their findings.

2 weeks later I received the scope back without any other communication in between. They had replaced the entire ocular lens assembly, gone over it with a fine tooth comb, replaced the seals and purged and fixed all cloudiness. Also enclosed was a sheet outlining all their work and the sentence at the bottom read ....NO CHARGE!

Say what you will about Leupold quality, price, or their products, but it is next to impossible to question their customer service.

I'm sure you can find the rare bird that has a sob story about treatment from Leupold, but it's been my experience to get the best treatment possible.

Last edited by 8mm/06; 12-18-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Spike

I have my pap's hunting rifle now that he is gone. A few years ago the Vari X I I that was on it began fogging inside. I emailed Leupold and explained I wasn't the ordinal owner and it was from the 60s or early 70s. They said send it in and they would take care of it. They send it back a few weeks later with a stem end of what they did and a bill of no charge. They even replaced the original crosshairs with a more modern Duplex. I was more than pleased with their service to say the least.

Last edited by jdhaines32; 12-26-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default And some of us like Leupold...

and never got customer service. The scope never was broke.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

I sent a set of QRW rings back just last year for "warranty" repair.

They wound up sending me a whole new set but it was the wrong ones. It was the other quick release with the posts. I called them and they said sorry for the mix up that they would send the right ones out. I said what do I do with these? They said keep them and mount a Leupold Scope on them.

I may just do that!

Last edited by miketodd58; 11-10-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I left a turret cap on the shooting bench at a rifle range when sighting in before an elk hunt out-of-state. I called Leupold to buy a replacement turret cap. They sent me two turrent caps free. I like that too. My Leupold scopes have always worked well in all the circumstances I have used in them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.