Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Good inexpensive scope? >

Good inexpensive scope?

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Good inexpensive scope?

Old 04-25-2015, 06:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Just curious to see people's thoughts on what a good and relatively inexpensive scope is these days? (Meaning $100-$150)

I know... good and inexpensive don't go together. Don't buy an inexpensive scope, save your money, etc. A buddy of mine wants to put something on his ML that he uses one or two weekends a year, and doesn't want a dirt cheap POS, but doesn't want to drop $300+ either. 99% of his shots will be under 100yds, most under 75.

He's looking at something probably in the 2-7 or 3-9 range. I've got some nice scopes and also some inexpensive scopes that work pretty well too. Just figured I'd check out what other folks would recommend.

I honestly don't know much about alot of the newer brands on the market these days. Thanks for any suggestions to pass along.
I would try my best to spend $50 bucks more and get a Leupold or a Redfield Revolution (excellent and made by Leupold with the same great CS. As a matter of fact, sent to the exact same address as Leupy for warranty). If not, Burris or Vortex as a distant second. Bushnell is not on the same level of quality at that price point, IMO but they do have good CS IME and are a decent value.