Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Problem adjusting older Tasco 6x44 >

Problem adjusting older Tasco 6x44

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Problem adjusting older Tasco 6x44

Old 11-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Spike

Default Problem adjusting older Tasco 6x44

I bought an older used Tasco 6x44.
There seems to be 2 adjustments: an inner and an outer. (See attachment pic)
Can anyone explain how these works together or direct me to a manual somewhere ?
Attached Thumbnails Problem adjusting older Tasco 6x44-tasco-6x40.jpg  
Old 11-16-2014, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hersdorf
Can anyone explain how these works together or direct me to a manual somewhere ?
Ridge Runner could possibly help you out.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Spike

that inner piece is there to let u adjust ur zero on the outer turret
ie; fire rifle till u print where u want it.
then u would loosen the inner (gently) then lift and turn ur turret till its on the zero mark when ur looking from behind then tighten ur inner lock..
right now if ur zeroed then ur set at the number 9 ...loosen the top or remove without turning the turret from the nine position ,,,, lift the turret off and put it back down with the 0 where the 9 is...
never seen one like that though....

Last edited by sdeviation; 11-16-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Hersdorf
Hersdorf,

I bought a Tasco 6x44, 26mm tube, at a gun show, maybe 20 years ago. The guy I bought it from said it was a NATO sniper scope and sold it with a photocopy of a manual page. Unfortunately, it was the wrong manual.

I have since found a better manual online, for Tasco model # WA6X44B. Unfortunately, some of its information is wrong, too. It says the clicks for elevation are 1 MOA. The wrong manual said the clicks were 1/4 MOA. I remember that, because when I used it, I corrected for the number of 1/4 MOA clicks that the group was low, then the next group was the same distance high. So the clicks for elevation on my scope are 1/2 MOA.

This manual says that you should zero the scope for 200 yards. "First, set windage and elevation on the external knobs to "0" position. Then remove the windage and elevation caps and move the internal adjustment in the direction of the arrow to change bullet point of impact."

"Windage and elevation adjustments can be made by turning the hand operated external knobs (with click noise) and the internal thumbnail adjustment (smooth-operating, with infinite adjustments)"... and 1/4 MOA indicators.

This is my first post on this forum, and I signed up to allow other users to email me. If you want a copy of the manual, I can email it to you as a .pdf file, or mail you a printout.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

sd has it right, the inner adjustment is what you turn to sight in, zero the outer ring, the outer ring is an older ballistic drop compensator.
the lower numbers on the outer ring is MOA, the upper numbers are hundreds of yards, now just find a cartridge/bullet combo that drops 10 moa at 500 yards when sighted in at 100.
RR
Old 12-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
sd has it right, the inner adjustment is what you turn to sight in, zero the outer ring, the outer ring is an older ballistic drop compensator.
the lower numbers on the outer ring is MOA, the upper numbers are hundreds of yards, now just find a cartridge/bullet combo that drops 10 moa at 500 yards when sighted in at 100.
RR
That means a lot of different ammo and range time !!!
Old 12-20-2014, 01:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have since found a better manual online, for Tasco model # WA6X44B. Unfortunately, some of its information is wrong, too. It says the clicks for elevation are 1 MOA. The wrong manual said the clicks were 1/4 MOA. I remember that, because when I used it, I corrected for the number of 1/4 MOA clicks that the group was low, then the next group was the same distance high. So the clicks for elevation on my scope are 1/2 MOA.
correct, look at the pic, the outer ring bottom line of numbers is graduated in MOA with a 1/2 moa mark between them.
RR
Old 12-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

correct, look at the pic, the outer ring bottom line of numbers is graduated in MOA with a 1/2 moa mark between them.
RR
I'm not following you on that RR. The bottom numbers are by 2s, with a dot in between each lined number. Wouldn't that mean each is 1 MOA instead of 1/2 MOA? Please "splain", as you know I'm not into the LR stuff. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep, my bad! shouldn't be posting on sat morning, fri. eve beers beers had my either vision or thinking clouded.
RR
Old 12-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

yep, my bad! shouldn't be posting on sat morning, fri. eve beers beers had my either vision or thinking clouded.
RR
Reading the last part of your beer beers...... sentence, I think you should probably include this evening and stay in tonight to sleep it off, LOL!