Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
cant see cross-hairs in scope? >

cant see cross-hairs in scope?

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

cant see cross-hairs in scope?

Old 08-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well are you sure they are not fine crosshairs? As for it being a Tasco, unless it is a real cheapie model there is nothing wrong with Tascos. I've had several and they hold up well. Granted they don't have the higher quality lens in that your higher priced brands do, but they work. But as the one poster put it. You should not scrimp on the scope. Buy the best optics you can afford. I personally if I were to buy a scope today I would get a Nikon over the Tasco for basically the same price.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Buy a Leupold. Problem solved.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags
There ya go, but I think the youngster might not have that kind of money available!
Old 08-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the crosshair can be seen faintly, it may be the eyepiece is out of focus for the shooter's eye. Look through the scope, and twist the eyepiece; the crosshair may come into focus..
Old 08-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
adjust the eyepiece focus, turn it till you can see the crosshairs plainly when looking through it at a light background (the sky,or a white wall) lock it down.
RR
Ron,

Seems like I heard that somewhere before.......................
Old 08-14-2014, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oops.. obviously i didn't read every post in the thread, or if i did i forgot. My explanation, and i am sticking to it, is i read a few prior posts, and it seemed the fella was getting no help, just brand bashing, and answers like get a Leupold etc.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
adjust the eyepiece focus, turn it till you can see the crosshairs plainly when looking through it at a light background (the sky,or a white wall) lock it down.
RR
What Ridge said.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

It also could be sunlight washing out the crosshairs if yu are facing the rising or setting sun.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Buying a new scope won't solve the problem if it's a matter of having the eyepiece focus or the parallax adjustment set incorrectly.

If the eyepiece focus is off, you'll have trouble ever getting the reticle to come into focus.

If the parallax setting is incorrect for your range, then you may be able to focus your eyes on the reticle, at which point the FOV, i.e. the target, would be out of focus. When you look through the scope at the target, i.e. the target would be in focus, but the reticle will blur out and can almost disappear.

Is this the Tasco that comes with certain models of Marlin 60, or a different model that you purchased separately?