Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Zeiss over Leupold?

Old 12-31-2010, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default Zeiss over Leupold?

Got a purchase coming up as soon if Uncle Sam gives tax returns in '11. $600 Budget. Got it narrowed down to Zeiss or Leupold VX3. I'm on the fence. Can't really get a good comparison because I can't find a Zeiss local. Have to order from Cabelas because a decent chunk of the $$ is Cabelas gift cards.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Spike

not sure how much improved the VX3 is over the VX-III but the zeiss conquest vs. the VX-III is not much of a comparison in my opinion, zeiss all the way!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't tell you how a Zeiss Conquest compares to a VX3 but I am very happy with my Zeiss. Much better than any of my other scopes which include, Leupold Vari-X iic and VX2, Sightron S2, Nikon Monarch, Bushnell Elite 3200 and 4200.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

Conquest all the way. I own both and the Conquest is better in clarity and low light situations. For the money, Conquest is the best deal going.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love the Leupolds, I own one West German made Zeiss which will piss all-over the Zeiss Conquest, but the Conquest maybe a better scope then the Leupolds, and if it is, it's in the eye's of the hunter it isn't much better then the Leupold VX-III line. You can never go wrong with either one, love the Leupold warranty
Old 01-01-2011, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

i own numerous Leupold scopes. A few years ago i started buying Zeiss. Several of my rifles have Zeiss Conquest and German made Zeiss scopes. Every one of my Zeiss scopes is superior to the Leupold equivalent.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an old Leupold Vari-X III that is fifteen years old and still clear and does well in low light. I would seriously consider the Zeiss Conquest. I looked through one a few years back and it was crystal clear. I don't know how it does in low light conditions, but I have a feeling it would do well.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Of the Zeiss or Leupold get the Zeiss with out question.

If you are open to other suggestions...... If I were you I would look real hard at a Meopta meopro 3-9X42 or 4-12X50. We sell all three brands and the Meopta has easily become our best selling line of rifle scopes. We probably sell 10 - 1 Meopta over Zeiss or Leupold and there is a reason for that.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls

If you are open to other suggestions...... If I were you I would look real hard at a Meopta meopro 3-9X42 or 4-12X50. We sell all three brands and the Meopta has easily become our best selling line of rifle scopes. We probably sell 10 - 1 Meopta over Zeiss or Leupold and there is a reason for that.
...... What's the price range on the Meopta's?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls

I dont think I would trust a person that sells them, I would look at what professional hunters are using rather than take advice from a salesmen. That would be like going to Home Depot and asking a salesman about plumbing advice instead of asking a licensed plumber his take on it.JMO. Most professional hunters you see will either have a Swarovski or a Leupold on there guns. There is a reason for that.

Last edited by fritz1; 01-01-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.