logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
Typical Buck

Default Zeiss over Leupold?

Got a purchase coming up as soon if Uncle Sam gives tax returns in '11. $600 Budget. Got it narrowed down to Zeiss or Leupold VX3. I'm on the fence. Can't really get a good comparison because I can't find a Zeiss local. Have to order from Cabelas because a decent chunk of the $$ is Cabelas gift cards.
TreednNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
Spike

not sure how much improved the VX3 is over the VX-III but the zeiss conquest vs. the VX-III is not much of a comparison in my opinion, zeiss all the way!
RIbadazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
Nontypical Buck

I can't tell you how a Zeiss Conquest compares to a VX3 but I am very happy with my Zeiss. Much better than any of my other scopes which include, Leupold Vari-X iic and VX2, Sightron S2, Nikon Monarch, Bushnell Elite 3200 and 4200.

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
VAhuntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:13 AM   #4
Fork Horn

Conquest all the way. I own both and the Conquest is better in clarity and low light situations. For the money, Conquest is the best deal going.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

MOLON LABE
Wayspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
Nontypical Buck

I love the Leupolds, I own one West German made Zeiss which will piss all-over the Zeiss Conquest, but the Conquest maybe a better scope then the Leupolds, and if it is, it's in the eye's of the hunter it isn't much better then the Leupold VX-III line. You can never go wrong with either one, love the Leupold warranty
Savage 220f 20ga., Leupold VX-II 3-9X40, Remington Accu-Tips
Mossberg 835 Turkey Shotgun/Remington 1187 Super Magnum
BOWHUNTERCOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #6
Boone & Crockett

i own numerous Leupold scopes. A few years ago i started buying Zeiss. Several of my rifles have Zeiss Conquest and German made Zeiss scopes. Every one of my Zeiss scopes is superior to the Leupold equivalent.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #7
Nontypical Buck

I have an old Leupold Vari-X III that is fifteen years old and still clear and does well in low light. I would seriously consider the Zeiss Conquest. I looked through one a few years back and it was crystal clear. I don't know how it does in low light conditions, but I have a feeling it would do well.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #8
Boone & Crockett

Of the Zeiss or Leupold get the Zeiss with out question.

If you are open to other suggestions...... If I were you I would look real hard at a Meopta meopro 3-9X42 or 4-12X50. We sell all three brands and the Meopta has easily become our best selling line of rifle scopes. We probably sell 10 - 1 Meopta over Zeiss or Leupold and there is a reason for that.
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency........... Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."
bigbulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #9
Nontypical Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbulls View Post

If you are open to other suggestions...... If I were you I would look real hard at a Meopta meopro 3-9X42 or 4-12X50. We sell all three brands and the Meopta has easily become our best selling line of rifle scopes. We probably sell 10 - 1 Meopta over Zeiss or Leupold and there is a reason for that.
...... What's the price range on the Meopta's?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #10
Typical Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbulls View Post

I dont think I would trust a person that sells them, I would look at what professional hunters are using rather than take advice from a salesmen. That would be like going to Home Depot and asking a salesman about plumbing advice instead of asking a licensed plumber his take on it.JMO. Most professional hunters you see will either have a Swarovski or a Leupold on there guns. There is a reason for that.

Last edited by fritz1; 01-01-2011 at 09:23 AM.
fritz1 is offline   Reply With Quote