Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Eurolux rifle scope

Old 06-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Eurolux rifle scope

Has anyone ever had one of these scopes and what kind of results did they have. I saw one the other day and I was told it was a copy of a Schmitt and Bender made in China. It looks alot like one and is quite clear. They only wanted 60 dollars and I thought I had better check it out. Any info will help. Thanks
Old 06-05-2010, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

$60.00 ????? Sounds fishy to me...
Old 06-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

almost all optics are clear to a certain degree. grinding glass and polishing it isnt very hard actually, ive seen it beeing done at one of nikon canadian grindhouse's. the biggest difference in these cheap knock offs and real scopes are in the colour correcting glass (if any), optics coatings and culmination of the elements. if a scope is lacking in any of these areas the scope will experiance the same problems galileo had with his telescopes. fringing, halos, blackouts, colour distortion and every bad thing you can think of will effect a bad scope at long range with high magnification which make the scope useless at long range irreguardless of the features it make have knocked off from schidt bender
Old 06-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

A $60 scope is usually worth $50, or less.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Spike

Default eurolux

just to let you know I had one of these scopes on my savage 22-250 a 3x9 42 i shot many groundhogs with it in all different kinds of light its never failed me and beleive me it had its knocks and still stayed on zero. i think i paid like 49 bucks for it then that was more than 10 years ago . I just bought another 3x9 42 to mount on my 7600 30-06 . I like the weight of it feels like you have something in your hands when you hold it , not like some of those more ex[pensive scopes made from aluminum. my eurolux 3x9 is made from steel . i paid 69.99 for my new one . so i don't think you'll go wrong by buying it . good luck and good shooting.......Ray p.s. they are a by product of shmitt & bender very good optics made in germany.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you are accustom to spending $500 or more on a "good" scope; at that price I guess you could afford to buy a bunch of them !!! LOL

Unless they are just willing to lose money on everyone they make/sell ???

So, if they are $500 scopes that they are selling for $60; by all means let me know..............
Old 08-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trust me .... you will not be getting anything even remotely close to the performance of a Schmitt-Bender for $60 ! Save you $60 and save some up more $$$ for your scope purchase.

Last edited by Mojotex; 08-28-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Spike

Default eurolux scope

I have a Eurolux scope, when I bought an SKS. Tried it out shooting 5 round bursts, 1 second between each round. I had to re-zero it every time with no improved accuracy, and even worse accuracy. I shot sniper scopes in the military with no problems. Its been awhile, yet I don't think this scope is built for 7.62. I am viewing scopes now to buy and never do I see a Eurolux anywhere. Probably because they are no good.

Last edited by kulananda; 03-10-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scope may be suitable for something but................ not hunting or accurate shooting. JUNK!
Old 03-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

A "copy" of any high performing optics that sells for price $60 ... nah ? Save your $60. Add another $200 or so. Buy a decent scope from a reputable maker and you'll be far, far more satisfied.

If you are looking for Bender type performance, be prepared to pony up another $300 - $500 or so. I realize not everyone can drop that kind of coin on a scope, but ask any seasoned hunter .... forget the "Blue Light Specials" and go with the best glass that you can afford.