Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 9mm Reloading ?? >

9mm Reloading ??

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

9mm Reloading ??

Old 01-22-2005, 09:44 AM

Default 9mm Reloading ??

I reloaded about 50 rounds of 9MM and I was at the range today and I am unable to get the to feed in the chamber? I didnt force them at all.. I just would like to know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks for your time guys
Old 01-22-2005, 10:10 AM

Default RE: 9mm Reloading ??

Too much belling and not enough taper crimping? Bullet type wrong or OAL wrong? Get a wilson chamber type gauge and drop each cartridge in. If it fits, its ok. If not you still need work.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 9mm Reloading ??

If the slide won't close I'd say that you've got one or more of the following problems: Overbelled/undercrimped and isn't allowing the case mouth to headspace properly, the bullet is not seated deeply enough and is contacting the lands, the cases are too long and need to be trimmed (9mm Parrabellum headspaced of the mouth of the case), or the cases were not resized properly.

If it's occuring with all the loaded rounds, it's probably not case length. I'd start by doublechecking (you did measure them when you loaded them, right?) the cartridge overall length (COL) with a caliper and make sure it's at the published COL for that bullet. I would also use the caliper to measure the diameter of the loaded case at the mouth and at the midpoint of the case and make sure it's within specs as well.

Mike