Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
That last primer... >

That last primer...

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

That last primer...

Old 05-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default That last primer...

Hello all. Another question from the newb corner, this time about primer tubes. My priming tool uses a feed tube the kind where you push the tube down on the primers to load them in the tube. Gravity causes all the primers to drop except for the very last primer it stays "caught" in the tube.

I was wondering what people do to get this last primer out of the tube when finished priming? Pushing on the anvil with a nail did not seem like a smart idea so I loaded a spent primer to dislodge the good primer and used a nail on the spent primer to dislodge that. I don't mind keeping spent primers around for this purpose but I was wondering if there are other techniques people use or maybe just leave that last primer in the tube?

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

my Lyman does the same thing... sounds like you already have the fix
Old 05-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

... sounds like you already have the fix
Well it seems to work for me Razor. Was just wondering if others had any suggestions.