Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Need Help

Old 05-29-2017, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by JGFLHunter
It's a brand new rifle. Cleaned before shooting as well as every few shots since it is brand new. I'm not taking it to a gunsmith. I will be dealing with Remington if I need to talk to anybody, since it is brand new.
Then by all means do so. But just tell them about the factory ammo not the reloads.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

I had the same issue with a Remington 700 in 7mag. I ended up sending the rifle back and having some chamber work done. It took several weeks but it's good to go now.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

At one time my gun safe held nothing but Remington rifles and shotguns. Now today it only holds 3 rifles (an old 700BDL, a 600, and a 572BDL) and a couple 870 shotguns. I have discovered that I like Tikka and Browning rifles much better.
Don't get me wrong. The 700 action is one of the best and is the base for many custom rifles. But Remington quality has seem to have been slipping lately. You used to never hear of any problems with them but now it seems a common ocurance.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah I haven't shot reloads yet, but in sure there is a chamber issue especially if factory ammo doesn't fit in chamber well. The one reason I got this 700 CDL SF is because of the 26" barrel. I would love to have a Mark V(just not in my price range). All my bolt action rifles I've ever owned were Weatherby Vanguard. The dealI got on this rifle I couldn't pass on it. I know Remington will take care of me, at least that is what I'm hoping. I'll update as events take place.

So does anybody know the regulations about shipping rifles? I am trying to find out if I can personally send this rifle to Remington or do I need to go with a FFL? It seems logical that I can send it, but when they send it back it would have to go thru FFL? I have sent rifles to Weatherby in the past just using my address and stuff, but that was a long time ago and I know things changed. I haven't really found anything online yet. I called Gander Mountain but they are no longer shipping anything out even went I bought it there.

Last edited by JGFLHunter; 05-30-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Normally rifles do not need to go through an FFL only handguns. But if you got it from a dealer, why not just take it to him and let him handle it for you?
Old 05-30-2017, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Normally rifles do not need to go through an FFL only handguns. But if you got it from a dealer, why not just take it to him and let him handle it for you?
Not meaning to be disagreeable, but going through the dealer with a manufacturer warranty item is a waste of time. It's faster and easier to go straight to the OEM yourself.

Secondly - it's common for folks to confuse the rules for shipping firearms for private transfers with the rules for any other firearm shipping, HOWEVER: When sent to the manufacturer for repairs or other work, no FFL transfer is required, for any firearm type. The only way an FFL will "need" to get involved will be if they have to replace the firearm with a new one, at which point they won't be returning the same firearm, but rather replacing it with a different one, and an FFL will have to perform that particular transfer. Otherwise, warranty work goes straight to the OEM and straight back to your doorstep.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

I got with Remington and got the service request. As No mercy said I am able to send the rifle with no problem privately. Whenever they get the rifle and look at it they will call me and let me know what the problem is. The warranty should apply since the rifle is barely a month old.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

If not too late, make sure the package looks like there is no firearm inside. Removes the "advertisement" and the "enticement" for USPS thiefs. You are shipping to Remington. So, maybe a moot point. Another bit of shipping advise is to send it certified. I believe that forces USPS to lock it up at each destination.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:33 PM
Typical Buck

The firearm made it to the destination. It should be another week or two in the waiting line. Then the person said two or three more weeks on the repair.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

Finally got the rifle back. They did chamber work, headspace, reamed, and test fired. Going to shoot in a little. Should be good to go. Ready to shoot and start reloading process and then start working on my shooting for my Wyoming trip. Where I hunt 100 yards is a far shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.