Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Reloading unfired brass >

Reloading unfired brass

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Reloading unfired brass

Old 03-20-2017, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Reloading unfired brass

I have 2 boxs of 35 Remington ammo that will not chamber all the way in my 336... I was thinking about pulling bullets and powder and running them through resizing die and then reloading them... can that be done???
Old 03-20-2017, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
I have 2 boxs of 35 Remington ammo that will not chamber all the way in my 336... I was thinking about pulling bullets and powder and running them through resizing die and then reloading them... can that be done???
Yeah remove powder and the decapping pin out of die.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was it new when you got it ? If so I always full length resize the first time then fire size for that gun.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh I think you are saying it was loaded ammo ? If so factory ?
Old 03-20-2017, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
Oh I think you are saying it was loaded ammo ? If so factory ?

Yes loaded
Old 03-20-2017, 12:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

If it's loaded factory ammo I'd definitely take it back where you got it. If handloaded you can pull the bullet and dump the powder. You may want to weigh a charge after pulling the bullet so you can recharge the cases with the same amount. Lube the cases and resize. I'd recommend Hornady One Shot to lube as it won't contaminate the primer or powder. But BEFORE YOU SIZE back off the decapping pin but don't remove completely. You need the expander ball to size the inside of the case mouth on its way out of the die. Just back the decapper out enough so it doesn't contact the bottom of the case (primer).
Old 03-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bronco has it - don't remove the decapping pin, just withdraw it far enough such it only penetrates through the case neck.

I might do a little measuring to understand why they don't chamber before I did any resizing though. Something is amiss.

Forgive me if I'm easily confused - is this FACTORY ammo?
Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes factory Winchester 35 Remington ammo bought at midway USA on clearance... Never again Winchester!!!
Old 03-20-2017, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weird... Can you tell where it is making contact? Is the headspace too long, or the bullet (assuming headspace)? Is the shoulder bulged at all?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Bronco has it - don't remove the decapping pin, just withdraw it far enough such it only penetrates through the case neck.

I might do a little measuring to understand why they don't chamber before I did any resizing though. Something is amiss.

Forgive me if I'm easily confused - is this FACTORY ammo?
Yeah I said remove the decapper my bad ! Are there anyou dents in case after trying to close Bolt? I would pull a bullet on one then try to close Bolt if it still not close try to resize one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.