Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Trump & Reloading supplies? >

Trump & Reloading supplies?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Trump & Reloading supplies?

Old 01-22-2017, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default Trump & Reloading supplies?

I am not in the know about government stuff but did Obama have any regs that made out loading stuff harder to get? Like powder & brass?
Old 01-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

None that I'm aware of. It was the massive spike in demand that made it hard to find any components.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

What ^ he said!
Old 01-22-2017, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Obama's administration did put forth regs, most of which were struck down, which attempted to disrupt the supply chain, i.e. ridiculous import taxes on powder is one I recall. Nothing really stood, and nothing really stood out, so i don't see anything getting wiped away to make things easier.

I do, however, see a perpetual process of increased prices and increased regulation.

I dollar-cost-average my supplies - meaning I buy a little on every paycheck, whether I need it or not. I'm not old enough to tell stories about prices from back in the day, but even in my short life, I CAN remember prices much lower than today, TRACKING DISPROPORTIONATELY AHEAD OF INFLATION. So any time you can buy today, it's roughly the cheapest you'll ever buy it in the next decade.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where Mercy buy's "a little at a time", I find bulk sales which greatly increases my savings over time. I have been around long enough to see what he was saying about prices being higher and quite disproportionate to inflation as well. It's been said by many that Obummer was absolutely the BEST guns and ammo salesman ever in the history of guns and ammo sales!!! I agree whole heartedly with that statement. Hopefully these "runs" on ammo and reloading components will slow down some and the prices may actually come down a little. They are getting quite out of hand.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

The obozo administration used anything and everything it could to destroy the Constitution, especially the 2nd. Amendment! THANKFULLY, they FAILED!
They even used the EPA to force lead makers out of business! Lets all hope that obozo, the klintoons and all of the liberal agenda stay in our rear-view mirror forever!
Old 01-23-2017, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Where Mercy buy's "a little at a time", I find bulk sales which greatly increases my savings over time.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone would call what I "invest" monthly in shooting to be "little," and you can always find sales somewhere. I don't buy anything by the box or by the pound. I just regularly buy bulk volumes.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL...I always seem to get an angry UPS or FEDEX delivery guy whenever I order bullets. I makeum earn that paycheck
Old 01-24-2017, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

There were a couple of things that I can think of that the administration tried, but failed to do. One was attempting to block sales of once fired brass to companies that process and re-sell it to reloaders. They wanted to sell it all as scrap to be shredded and melted down. You can speculate, but I firmly believe it was an intentional attempt to keep it our of our hands. The other was the attempt at banning M855/SS109 ammo and/or projectiles by labeling them as "armor piercing." I'm sure there were many more backhanded attempts to keep reloading supplies out of our hands, but those were the two most blatant/obvious that I can think of.

Anyway, Nomercy said it best:

I CAN remember prices much lower than today, TRACKING DISPROPORTIONATELY AHEAD OF INFLATION. So any time you can buy today, it's roughly the cheapest you'll ever buy it in the next decade.
I also buy just a little bit with each paycheck. Of course, I shop the sales first and buy in bulk whenever practical, but I still buy a little bit every month.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

Didn't Obama's EPA have something to do with the last lead smelting plant in the USA closing? I think so.

Also Obama's BATF tried to change the way wetted nitrocellulose was allowed to be transported. Obama's BATF tried to change the interpretation to an explosive. Do to public pressure, members of congress got the BATF to back off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.