Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Trump & Reloading supplies? >

Trump & Reloading supplies?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Trump & Reloading supplies?

Old 03-04-2017, 06:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am not in the know about government stuff but did Obama have any regs that made out loading stuff harder to get? Like powder & brass?

No!!!

Re-loaders panicked and went on a buying spree. They did it to themselves.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

most of the problems when obama was elected came from the rumors that he would take our guns away. this happens every time a democrat get elected president. everyone rushed out and bought as much reloading supplies as they could. this caused a shortage and the suppliers laughed all the way to the bank. they couldnt make stuff fast enough. also raised the price on everything. glad i had reloading supplies before all this happened.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
No!!!

Re-loaders panicked and went on a buying spree. They did it to themselves.
Originally Posted by Mr. Slim
most of the problems when obama was elected came from the rumors that he would take our guns away. this happens every time a democrat get elected president. everyone rushed out and bought as much reloading supplies as they could. this caused a shortage and the suppliers laughed all the way to the bank. they couldnt make stuff fast enough. also raised the price on everything. glad i had reloading supplies before all this happened.
I think it's a bit more complicated than that. Sure, you had the panicked paranoid people who bought up anything and everything they could find. I also heard of people who would find out when stores would get their shipments of powder and 22s so they could buy up as much as they could, either to hoard or to sell for a ridiculously inflated price. However, I think most of the issue was regular reloaders buying more than they previously had. For instance, if I was lucky enough to see two pounds of H110 on a shelf, even if I still had half a pound left, I'd still buy both even if it would probably be a while before I finished up my opened canister.

I also had the misfortune of starting reloading the day before the Aurora shooting, so I didn't have any supply of components from prior to the shortages to hold me over.