Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Nosler Ballistic Tips >

Nosler Ballistic Tips

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Nosler Ballistic Tips

Old 08-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Spike

Yep. Bullet placement is what it's all about. Don't need more than a .22 LR then? Not for me and just being a little cute but poachers do it all the time.

Back OT: I bought into BTs when they first came out. Extremely destructive but deadly accurate. Heck it's little more than a glorified hollowpoint. I dialed back loads to reduce damage. I've been running 150 BTs in a .30/06 over 56 gr. of IMR4350 providing about 2800 fps. All plenty for Northern WI whitetails at any distance < 300 yds.

Now, they are still deadly accurate, amazingly consistent weights out of the box and stellar performers on light skinned game. And they hold together better than the original introductions.

Me? I don't put much stock in TnT. I prefer my bullets to stay in the game. ALL those foot-pounds wind up IN a 200# critter and they pretty much leave their feet. Sure, the odd shot thru the heart or lungs with no broken bones will run, but over the last 25 years or so I've only had to chase two more than 30 yards. If I'd left either one sit instead of pushing it would have been < 100yds.

Been considering the Hornady Interbonds but I got a pretty good supply of BTs....