Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Good Reloading Manual? >

Good Reloading Manual?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Good Reloading Manual?

Old 11-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Good Reloading Manual?

Any recommendations on a good manual? I am a rookie and have picked up the Nosler 7th edition book. Looking for another one for a cross reference.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I probably reference Lee the most, and Lyman 49th edition 2nd most.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

I have several and reference them all from time to time, old and new. I prefer Nosler's manuals (have all but the first 2 editions) but also really like Speer and Hornady manuals.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

The Hornady 9th is a good manual, and the Lyman 49th is very informative. If you are handloading one of the older established calibers, the Hornady 4th is a good one too. I use mine to compare loads with the newer manuals.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob in VT: Welcome to reloading - it is a fun and rewarding hobby.

You will probably end-up acquiring a few manuals. I have Hornady, Speer and Sierra. Which manual gets used depends upon the situation but all 3 are good.

I would also recommend you write up your own notes. I have done this for all of the equipment I have - it saves me from having to go hunting for a manual.

Peace.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Reloading manuals are like guns, but thankfully cheaper. You can never have too many! I have the 6th edition Nosler book that I refer to a lot, as I load heavily with Nosler bullets. I have a Hornady book for the cheap bullets I plink with sometimes. I also have a Lyman 49th edition, and a older Speer book. Lyman is nice, in that they are not tied to any bullet or powder maker. As a result, you'll see a variety of brands of bullets and powders used. Speer will use Alliant powder and Speer bullets, Hornady will use Hornady bullets, and Nosler will use their bullets. Each has their place, depending on what you shoot mostly.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:16 AM
Typical Buck

LYMAN 49th,If i had to have only one!
Old 11-10-2013, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

data is available about everywhere on the net, the stuff new reloaders need most can be found between the front cover and the data section, read it at least twice
RR
Old 11-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

I use the Lee, Lyman and Hornady. I also have a 3 ring binder with load data that I have printed off of various powder and bullet company sites. HD.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hornady is good and they show some different cartridges than the Nosler manual.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.