Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Reloading for others?? >

Reloading for others??

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Reloading for others??

Old 03-21-2013, 05:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd do it for a very close friend of many years just like one did for me before I got all the equipment and started doing it myself. In those instances an FFL IS NOT required and the individual is taking the chance that nothing adverse will occur.
It is required if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. See:

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-21-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I'd do it for a very close friend of many years just like one did for me before I got all the equipment and started doing it myself. In those instances an FFL IS NOT required and the individual is taking the chance that nothing adverse will occur.
It is required if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. See:

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]
That is one reason why charging for time & effort is such a problem. It falls under the classification of compensation (like wages or any form of self employment).

In all states (with which my firm deals) that requires licensing, reporting, taxes (Federal, state, & local where applicable). Failure to properly license can have dire consequences in the event of legal actions such as a civil suit - or worse.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would be willing to make dummy (practice) rounds for people. But live ammo....no way.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

For a few guys I've known since the 5th grade, I will load. Work buddies...not so much.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:33 AM
Typical Buck

I understand the liability issue but it seems as though a few of you either don't know how to be or don't have any friends. Load for a "work buddy"? Never. A huntin buddy that I see a couple times a year? Never. A close lifelong friend? Yes, but only if I get the firearm to measure for overall length and do proper load development with. I have close friends whom I trust far more than some family members.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wayspr
I understand the liability issue but it seems as though a few of you either don't know how to be or don't have any friends. Load for a "work buddy"? Never. A huntin buddy that I see a couple times a year? Never. A close lifelong friend? Yes, but only if I get the firearm to measure for overall length and do proper load development with. I have close friends whom I trust far more than some family members.
Close friends are special people. Certainly no decent person would charge a close friend for their time & effort. Probably a close friend would supply their own brass, primers, powder, and bullets - so no cash or any other thing of value would change hands.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have some close friends. Close friends know the way the world is and is getting worcse. They don't ask to borrow things, they don't ask for me to load ammo for them either.
We stay friends because we are old enough to know the ways of the world today.

Al
Old 03-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
I have some close friends. Close friends know the way the world is and is getting worcse. They don't ask to borrow things, they don't ask for me to load ammo for them either.
We stay friends because we are old enough to know the ways of the world today.

Al
No offense but I'm glad me and my friends don't live in your world.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

It's good to know that no one here is judgmental...
Old 03-24-2013, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
how much liability insurance ya have? not a good idea.
RR
I agree!, plus if he misses an animal with your reloads he's gonna blame it on you.