Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Accubond?

Old 08-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

I use almost exclusively Nosler bullets...growing up just down the street from their factory made it the hometown and obvious choice. That being said, after about 30 years of hunting and reloading I have never had a bad experience with Noslers...the AB is my new favorite for most of my whitetail hunts. Currently using 140g AB's in my 270 WSM and my backup 270 WIN...for Elk I just loaded up some 150g AB's for my 308 (I'd prefer to shoot 180's but my Elk rifle...an older Savage 99 in 308...just doesn't like anything heavier than 165's...shot 165 Partitions for years so will now try the 150 AB's this season).

Last edited by emtrescue6; 11-30-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:53 AM
Typical Buck

What I have found from the accubonds is at closer range they do exactly as you say. At first impression they seem to be too rapid on expansion and not have the deep penetration as some other hunting bullets for exiting. But in truth they are a great medium to long range bullet. They do exactly what a bullet should do in most cases at close range. Expand to optimal size and penetrate 16" plus inches. That's all the kinetic energy your going to get out of a bullet. Pass through's are wasted energy. At longer ranges they slow down expansion and tend to penetrate deeper as do most well constructed hunting bullets do. From most of the recovered bullets from elk they have done what they should and caused lots of tissue damage.

If they had the Ogive of a Speer boattail and the plastic tip their BC would be almost unbeatable as a hunting round for long range. They are pretty close to begin with.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Spike

got a 5X5 bull Elk with my 270 winchester at 90 yards with 140gr Accubonds.
Shoot in the chest and bullet made a complete pass thru. Ran about 50 yrds
and died. Velocity was about 3077fps at 10 yards.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackelk
What I have found from the accubonds is at closer range they do exactly as you say. At first impression they seem to be too rapid on expansion and not have the deep penetration as some other hunting bullets for exiting. But in truth they are a great medium to long range bullet. They do exactly what a bullet should do in most cases at close range. Expand to optimal size and penetrate 16" plus inches. That's all the kinetic energy your going to get out of a bullet. Pass through's are wasted energy. At longer ranges they slow down expansion and tend to penetrate deeper as do most well constructed hunting bullets do. From most of the recovered bullets from elk they have done what they should and caused lots of tissue damage.

If they had the Ogive of a Speer boattail and the plastic tip their BC would be almost unbeatable as a hunting round for long range. They are pretty close to begin with.
Ummm...they do have the poly tip...

http://www.nosler.com/bullets/accubond.aspx
Old 11-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Work great.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Spike

I love the AB's. Works GREAT on moose and bear out of my 375 RUM. I'm shooting 260AB's with 94grs of H4350.