Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Natchez....

Old 03-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Natchez....

Has anyone ordered anything from the recently? LOL I was gonna order a new lyman tumbler from them and the shipping and handling was $16 bucks!!!!!! Thats on a $50 tumbler!! So I figure to myself.. "well it must be bulky" so lets check something else. I enter a box... yes one box of bullets and delete the tumbler and check s&h....almost $15 on a $20 box of bullets!!!! You gotta be f'in kidding me!! LOL I cant imagine anyone buying anything from them at those rates. How are they staying in business?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Natchez....

http://www.grafs.com/
Grafs is a great company to order from the internet orders are $4.95 I don't care if you order $10.00 to $500.00 it is still 4.95 for shipping
Old 03-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, that seems really high unless they were quoting next or 2nd day air freight.

I have an RCBS FL 2 die set, an RCBS neck die, 20pcs of Wby brass, and rings and bases for my new Rem 700 on order from Mid-South Shooters Supply and the UPS Ground shipping was $10.75 for the whole lot in one box (5 lbs).

The shipping for the whole rifle was only $20. Sounds like Natchez has started trying to make their profits on the back end of the deals. That's, IMO, a really shady way to make your money on mail order goods. Give good prices on the items and fleece the buyer on shipping. Nice. [:@]

I bought my 10ML-II from Natchez back in 2004, but I don't remember what it cost then for shipping, but I don't think it was more than $25 for the rifle, which isn't unreasonable for such a large package that weighs 10+ pounds.

Mike
Old 03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have noticed more and more sites are starting to charge outrageous shipping fees. I went to order a part for my car last night, found it on O'Reileys autoparts website, it was only $3.74 for the part, about $15 cheaper than I had found anywhere else up to that point. Well I went to checkout and noticed shipping was going to be $15.74. The part is only an idler arm bushing, could ship it in a flat rate $5 box. Well I shopped around locally and finally found somebody that had one in stock for $10. I am starting to notice that more and more stores are getting more competetive with online sales nowdays. But I dont think that it has anything to do with the stores prices getting any lower, I just think that with shipping costs going up and up that the online stores are having a harder time getting the customer the good deals.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:37 AM
Typical Buck

NATCHEZ shipping has been very expensive for a while now.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Midway isn't cheap on thier shipping charges either!@! Quick, but not cheap!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that rates have gone up for the past 3-4 years now, but not to the extent that some of these websites are charging. Some of them aren't even giving you a descent rate for ordering multiple items that you know will fit into one box.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: srwshooter

NATCHEZ shipping has been very expensive for a while now.
You got that right and their attitude stinks!

I called yesterday and ordered primers from Natchez and was really ticked off at the attitude of the salesman. The salesman was very rude when I asked why I was being charged $24.99 instead of the $19.99 price listed in my sales flyer which said the $19.99 price was good through March 31st.

WhenI pointed out my sales flyer said the primers were $19.00 he rudely said it was "his" sales flyer and the price was firmly $24.99.

From now on, I'll do business withGraf& Son's.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

And these are the same businesses that will be singing the blues when they tell us that they have to close their doors due to lack of business in a tough market. A lot of these companies have pretty much quit trying to earn our business and have pretty much come to expect us to just come flocking in no matter what things cost. Well they should learn a thing or two when we quit frequenting their websites and go back to shopping local.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

try midsouth shooters supply

Quick Reply: Natchez....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.