Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Temp sensitive

Old 03-31-2008, 06:26 AM

Default Temp sensitive

Have some loads I am getting ready to go to the range and try. They are loaded with RL-10X and was just wandering if that powder is a temp sensitive powder? I have heard some guys talk about there loads changing alot with the temps, but not sure if I ever heard this powder mentioned in that group.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:33 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Temp sensitive

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Have some loads I am getting ready to go to the range and try. They are loaded with RL-10X and was just wandering if that powder is a temp sensitive powder? I have heard some guys talk about there loads changing alot with the temps, but not sure if I ever heard this powder mentioned in that group.
Most extruded powders from Alliant are going to be temp sensitive. I find Alliant RL 22, 25 to be very temp sensitive, but I love em. I can't say about 10X however.

I have worked up a load before in 12F weather, that shot great, but when shot in 85F summer day, locked the brass up in the gun. That was with RL22

Old 03-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Temp sensitive

Here are some more experiences with RL22 and temps.

http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?p=109472