Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Swift Scirocco Bonded >

Swift Scirocco Bonded

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Swift Scirocco Bonded

Old 12-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Swift Scirocco Bonded

Anyone personally know anything about the performance of the Swift Scirocco Bonded bullet? I have read what I can find about it and it sounds like maybe it is a ballistic tipped bullet that will get the job done on game animals right up there with all the other quality bonded bullets and still let you enjoy the ballistic tip benefits.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:04 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Swift Scirocco Bonded

I tried a whole box of em. Never could get them to shoot in my 300RUM. Builds pressure like a barnes bullet however. But the new ones I hear do not have the soft jacket like the first ones.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my rifles,copper fouling was extreme,and accuracy was horrible.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

In my rifles,copper fouling was extreme,and accuracy was horrible.
What calibers?
Old 12-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

308" 165gr and 180gr.I tried them in both of my 300ultramags.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the imput. Like all bullets and guns I am getting mixed results for the accuracy part. Some say they shoot great out of their specific gun/s and some can't get them to shoot at all out of their gun/s which is no surprize as one gun willshoot different bullets differentthan another gun. I am concerned on their performance when they impact an animal the most. I will know when I load some if they will or will not shoot out of my Rem. 300 saum but I would like to be able to know if they expand properly and quickly at short ranges, do they expand properly at down range distances when velocities have dropped off, do they penetrate good, do they have exit wounds consistantly with good blood trails if the animal doesn't DRT, do most animals DRT when hit with them, just some concerns of min before I shootan animalwith them.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

I use them in my 300 Win Mag and they took some work but I have a recipe, I use the orginals though. The orginal was designed to expand at 3000 to 1550 while the newer II is designed for 3200+ to 1750. I don't have any problem smacking deer, elk, or bear with them.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

My nephew shoots the Rem factory load with them and they shoot awsome in his gun... 300 ultra mag
Old 12-10-2007, 08:45 PM

ive never had much luck with them. plus i felt that they are a little pricy for how they performed for me.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

The original Scirocco expanded too much for my taste. I didn't have any problems in the accuracy department, but copper fouling was horrendous.

Quick Reply: Swift Scirocco Bonded

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.