Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

total beginner

Old 01-02-2002, 04:00 PM

Default total beginner

I would like to start reloading. I have read that you can customize rounds for higher velocity or heavier bullets. That might be interesting, and helpful for hunting if I can make a gun more accurate.
How does one go about starting to reload ammo?
Old 01-02-2002, 05:31 PM

Default RE: total beginner

rcbs rockchucker starter kit, a manuel, powder, bullets, primers, cases..I'll let someone else take care of the details because i dont know them
Old 01-03-2002, 04:55 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Well here is a old one really old and the OP may be waiting for more answers since he did at one time only have 2.

Al
Old 02-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why would you bring a thread up that has been dead for 14 years for Pete's sake?! The OP hasn't even logged on the site since early in 2003. It's bad enough that newbies bring up old junk out of the archives, so we sure don't need an old timer doing it!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 02-07-2017 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just a thought but, the Mod's might want to think about a time limit on archived threads. After X amount of time, switch them over to "read only" status.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JagMagMan
Just a thought but, the Mod's might want to think about a time limit on archived threads. After X amount of time, switch them over to "read only" status.
That would certainly be a step in the right direction and I'd suggest a two year max on bringing threads back up live!
Old 02-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are forums out there in which, if someone necro posts, EVEN IF IT IS RELEVANT, the mods create a new thread for the new content, and lock the old thread.

I'm probably one of folks who is most annoyed by necro posting - even with relevant content, going back more than a few months, or even a few weeks, is just silly.

We have sub-forums in which necro-posting CAN make sense here - i.e. the predator hunting reference section, or the gunsmithing projects section, both of which make sense to allow additional contributions over time, even long periods of time, or allow additional questions to the same REFERENCE TOPIC or project, but that's a very unique case.

It's one thing if the OP is still an active user, or if the time is not relevant (like asking questions about a gunsmithing project), but when the OP here hasn't been active in 14 years, this is just dumb.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Just why I did it I was griping about the 10ga thread and was told there was good information in it.

I even commented that any one could look up the information by doing a simple search and I felt I was bascily booed down.
So I bring this one up due to the lack of information for those that like these antique threads. For any one else who wants to get into reloading.

So I guess from what I am seeing people like these old threads to be brought back up.

It is about like what rifle should I buy. There are a bunch of those here too. May be we could go thru all the old threads and get all the what rifle should I buy in a huge group for those who find those types of threads informative. then make stickys for each one.

Al
Old 02-08-2017, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

Or maybe find something worth gripping about and put you energy in that instead of bring up an old useless thread as opposed to an old thread that at least had some info in it

Quick Reply: total beginner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.