logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
Spike

Default hunting related bible verses.

does anyone have any good hunting related bible verses? i want to take some good verses to the field to carry by heart, i pray all the time befor and during hunting, but i just want something i can really take to heart.

parker pheonix #50 compound bow
bear supermag 48 recurve #55
slick trick magnum broadheads
12 ga. H&R ultra~slug
12 ga. benelli nova
12 ga. mossberg
20 ga. remington 870
Old 09-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Giant Nontypical

one of my favorites about hunting
Genesis 27:3 Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

and oh yea!!!! welcome to the religion section of the forums
John 3:16

things are more like right now than they've ever been

It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.
William James
Old 09-17-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
Dominant Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.t.hands View Post
one of my favorites about hunting
Genesis 27:3 Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

and oh yea!!!! welcome to the religion section of the forums
10-4, brother!
Jesus said, "he who stands firm to the end will be saved" Mark 13:13.

Live Life in such a way that those who do not know Christ will come to know Him because they know you

"In God We Trust"
Old 09-17-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
Nontypical Buck

Let's start in the beginning…Genesis 1:26…the Lord creates man in His image to be masters over all life. This is not so much directly related to my argument, but more to further set up these key verses, Genesis 9:2-3…God tells Noah, after the fall of man and the flood, to further multiply and fill the earth. God placed the animals in Noah’s/Man’s control/power. “All the wild animals, large and small, and the birds and fish will be afraid of you…I have given them to you as food, just as I have given you grain and vegetables.”
As one reads further (Genesis 9: 4-7), one may argue that God says murder is forbidden (v5), but upon valid inspection, the Lord is speaking of murdering another human…“For to murder another person is to kill a living being made in God’s image.” This does not relate to animals as they are not made in God’s image. If murder were related to animals, then the previous verses would not correlate. If all animals are given to us for food, but we are not to eat animals with the lifeblood still in them (v4), then you must kill the animal before eating it, correct? Yes, so therefore, killing an animal is acceptable, but the killing of a person is not.
Perhaps some less powerful and pivotal verses in proving this point, but none the less show that hunting is and always has been a part of life, would be the following:
---We all know the story about the fishermen throwing there nets on the other side…well, that was fishing and meat.
Luke 9:10-17…Jesus fed the five thousand with fish…meat.
Leviticus 17:13-14…this verse holds meaning and symbolism we need not get into as it is irrelevant to a decision in this thought, but it does show clearly that hunting is an acceptable activity when performed according to the law.
Genesis 10:8-9…Nimrod was a heroic and a mighty hunter before the Lord (or in the Lord’s sight). Nimrod’s name became a proverbial (well-known) name. Although Nimrod may have been evil, his actions as a hunter clearly were not. To say that “their desire to kill corrupted their whole sense of loving and compassion” may have been true for them, but does that make hunting wrong? Of course not, it isn’t the gun that shoots people, it’s the person who pulls the trigger. The pencil doesn’t do the writing, the person holding it does. What you’re doing is finding sinful hunters and blaming there sin on hunting. That would be like finding a vegetarian stealing produce from a store and claiming that being a vegetarian is bad because it makes people want to steal produce.
Proverbs 12:27…This verse goes to show that some outdoorsmen don’t carry out their outdoor activities correctly, but those who do things right are blessed and godly.
Deuteronomy 14:1-21…again, so much symbolism and meaning that is irrelevant to this topic directly, but just goes to show once again that the partaking of animals according to the law is good and well.
Genesis 27:3…Isaac, who was clearly not being disobedient to the Lord, tells Esau to go out with his bow and quiver, hunt wild game, and prepare a meal for him. Neither saw hunting as a negative or unlawful act, but a fine event and great meal. Again, like with Nimrod, don’t get caught up in the fact that Esau turned bad, but that hunting is accepted.
There are many more illustrations and wordings throughout God’s Word relating to the act of hunting…without twisting meanings and playing with the wording. I won’t get into every verse, but there are verses that mention the act of hunting and fishing (for fish, not just men =)). Fowling, chasing, the acts of mighty hunters, archers, the eating of wild animals, the cooking of meat, the use of bows, arrows, snares, pits, nets, using decoys, using dogs to hunt, nooses, etc., are all mentioned throughout the Bible. In taking God’s Word as authoritative and inerrant, it is clear that hunting and partaking of meat has been an accepted part of life from fall of man.
The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. Zephaniah 1:14
פרץ
Old 09-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
Dominant Buck

There are many verses ..but this is one of my favorites..

Proverbs 3:5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

about 5 years ago this happened..I went to the Green Swamp..a 50,000 acre WMA filled with swamp, cypress domes,pine hills, palmetto fields and hammocks along a winding black river..I had been hunting off a certain road but decided to try a new spot..well, the new spot was a maze of twisted brush and the water was going over my boots..it was still dark.. I ask the Lord.."Lord, what should I do." inside my Spirit i heard.." Go to such a road..park your truck ..walk to the trail and take 70 steps" so..I drove to the place..parked my truck and headed toward the trail..It was now about 7:30 AM in which these nocturnal animals should be bedded down so I was having serious doubts.However; in faith I obeyed. I turned left and begin counting the steps..I got to 60 and stopped..I saw nothing..I heard my Spirit say "I said walk 70 steps." I walked 10 more steps..
I was going to take a right and scout some more when all of a sudden I heard a stirring along the fence line..I quickly raised my Ithica 37 totally alarmed to see a few hogs cross the trail in back of me..I blasted a sow with 00 buckshot..

Yes ...he shall "direct all of our paths." { -:
not a good picture but this was my first year of hunting in Florida..note the cheap Walmart boots and camo..LOL

Last edited by Chuck7; 09-18-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:35 AM   #6
Fork Horn

Well this isn't a hunting verse but it comes to mind.....

Psalm 42:1, 2
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28
Old 09-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #7
Nontypical Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafriverlizzie View Post
Well this isn't a hunting verse but it comes to mind.....

Psalm 42:1, 2
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
Leaffie the word in Hebrew in that verse is "Kalam" or Elk (Ciervo) in Spanish ,of course an elk is a deer,lol
The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. Zephaniah 1:14
פרץ
Old 09-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
Spike

thanks guys, great verses and awesome stories

parker pheonix #50 compound bow
bear supermag 48 recurve #55
slick trick magnum broadheads
12 ga. H&R ultra~slug
12 ga. benelli nova
12 ga. mossberg
20 ga. remington 870
Old 09-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #9
Nontypical Buck

"THou shalt Not Shoot a swimming deer" OOps that's fla Hunting regulation not a verse ! LOL
פרץ