logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #1

Default Where did the Indians go (Heaven, or Hell?)

It's questions like this that confuse me about religion. Thats why Im Agnostic until further notice. Anywho, we all know that Christianity was started a whole world away from the ancient Americas. I'm going to be a little more specific. There were Indians who believed in a GOD, and he went by the name of the Great Spirit, or something similar.

But, as Jesus Christ is being nailed to a cross, and for hundreds of years afterward. Indians still had no idea that anything, let alone a king of all kings, existed beyond the Great Waters. So, if Jesus Christ was the ONLY WAY intoHeaven, where did people whohad no idea ofHis existence go?

I havnt read theBook much, so if there is an obvious answer in there, dontbe a meanie about it. Thanks much!

NextGenHunter
Rule #1 of hunting

RESPECT YOUR PREY
Old 01-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where did the Indians go (Heaven, or Hell?)

I have often thought about this. The only scripture I can find that relates isRomans 5:13. I have heard some say that all will hear the Gospel even those in the grave and then they will be given a choice to accept Christ. Never read it or God hasnt revealed it to me.

Rom 5:13
for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
Fork Horn

John 10:16 "Other sheep I have which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and there shall be one fold and one shepherd." Who are these sheep? It wasn't the gentiles that lived around Jerusalem because they didn't hear his voice, rather it was Peter and the other apostles that taught the gentiles there.

What happened to the lost 10 tribes of Israel? I would think that Christ visited them. We don't know what happened to them, but the day will come when they will be restored.

What about the Great White God that those that lived in South America were waiting for when the great explorers like Cortez landed there. They worshiped him because they thought he was the great white God returning as he said he would. According to beliefs, this Great White God was supposed to come again. The same belief that we have as far as Christ is expected to come again. That is what we are watching for and hoping for.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
Typical Buck

First, everyone is accountable as God has shown Himself in creation.

Romans 1:18-32(New American Standard Bible)

18For (A)the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who (B)suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19because (C)that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
20For (D)since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, (E)being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
21For even though they knew God, they did not [a]honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became (F)futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22(G)Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23and (H)exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and [b]crawling creatures.
24Therefore (I)God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be (J)dishonored among them.
25For they exchanged the truth of God for a (K)lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, (L)who is blessed forever. Amen.
26For this reason (M)God gave them over to (N)degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,
27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, (O)men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, (P)God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,
29being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are (Q)gossips,
30slanderers, (R)haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, (S)disobedient to parents,
31without understanding, untrustworthy, (T)unloving, unmerciful;
32and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of (U)death, they not only do the same, but also (V)give hearty approval to those who practice them.

Second, there is only one true God - the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Isaiah 45:18-22(New American Standard Bible)

18For thus says the LORD, who (A)created the heavens (He is the God who (B)formed the earth and made it, He established it and did not create it a (C)waste place, but formed it to be (D)inhabited),
"I am the LORD, and (E)there is none else.
19"(F)I have not spoken in secret,
In some dark land;
I did not say to the (G)offspring of Jacob,
'(H)Seek Me in a waste place';
I, the LORD, (I)speak righteousness,
(J)Declaring things that are upright.
20"(K)Gather yourselves and come;
Draw near together, you fugitives of the nations;
(L)They have no knowledge,
Who (M)carry about their wooden idol
And (N)pray to a god who cannot save.
21"(O)Declare and set forth your case;
Indeed, let them consult together
(P)Who has announced this from of old?
Who has long since declared it?
Is it not I, the LORD?
And there is (Q)no other God besides Me,
A righteous God and a (R)Savior;
There is none except Me.
22"(S)Turn to Me and (T)be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.

Third, salvation is through Christ

Acts 4:1-12(New American Standard Bible)

Acts 4
Peter and John Arrested1As they were speaking to the people, the priests and (A)the captain of the temple guard and (B)the Sadducees (C)came up to them,
2being greatly disturbed because they were teaching the people and proclaiming (D)in Jesus the resurrection from the dead.
3And they laid hands on them and (E)put them in jail until the next day, for it was already evening.
4But many of those who had heard the message believed; and (F)the number of the men came to be about five thousand.
5On the next day, their (G)rulers and elders and scribes were gathered together in Jerusalem;
6and (H)Annas the high priest was there, and (I)Caiaphas and John and Alexander, and all who were of high-priestly descent.
7When they had placed them in the center, they began to inquire, "By what power, or in what name, have you done this?"
8Then Peter, (J)filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "(K)Rulers and elders of the people,
9if we are on trial today for (L)a benefit done to a sick man, as to how this man has been made well,
10let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that (M)by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom (N)God raised from the dead--by this name this man stands here before you in good health.
11"(O)He is the (P)STONE WHICH WAS (Q)REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone.
12"And there is salvation in (R)no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Everyone will be judged by Christ. Those who are his will with with Him in Heaven for eternity. Those who are not His will spend eternity in Hell.

Hebrews 9:24-28(New American Standard Bible)

24For Christ (A)did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of (B)the true one, but into (C)heaven itself, now (D)to appear in the presence of God for us;
25nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as (E)the high priest enters (F)the holy place (G)year by year with blood that is not his own.
26Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since (H)the foundation of the world; but now (I)once at (J)the consummation of the ages He has been (K)manifested to put away sin (L)by the sacrifice of Himself.
27And inasmuch as (M)it is appointed for men to die once and after this (N)comes judgment,
28so Christ also, having been (O)offered once to (P)bear the sins of many, will appear (Q)a second time for (R)salvation (S)without reference to sin, to those who (T)eagerly await Him.
[/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 01-31-2009, 04:39 AM   #5
Typical Buck

Indian babies that were miscarried, still born or died before they were of a age of accountabilty went to heaven. All others just like any human who lived that does NOT except Gods son as savior (JESUS)goes to hell. Its a narrow road the word of God is very discrimative. And I make no apologize for it. I heard Obama say he hates people who believe in the narrow way to get to heaven. That puts him the class of not believing the word of God.Which means at this time he is on the way to hell. He is a believer in the broad way which the bible says is the wrong way.Cant be any more simple. And its free to boot. Where else can you get something free at the cost of a life ??
Old 01-31-2009, 07:55 AM   #6
Nontypical Buck

I would just like to give you my perspective. There are a lot of answers that I don't have. But I do know that we are created in His image, so to a certain degree on a deep level we know our Maker. I also know that God is a just God, and He is loving, and wants what is best for us. Having said that, I don't know for sure who is going to heaven and who is going to hell. Until you take your final breath you have the choice to believe and accept Christ or not. We are not the ones to judge who will go to heaven and who will go to hell.

The bibleis there not only to guide us but to allow us to know God better. To learn more about His character. Most suggest starting in the book of John, and then go to the beginning of the NT. Mathew, Mark, and Luke all tell the same story with just a bit differentperspective. Learn aboutHis birth through His ressurection.And then from there you can go a bit further, once you have a general understanding. You see you can't take one verse and then leave the other, you have to take the whole thing. I encourage you to read it and if you have any questions someone would be more than willing to help you out.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:00 AM   #7

Cardeer, you are wrong. If they went anywhere it was to the Happy Hunting Ground which I find a lot more credible than your hell.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
Giant Nontypical

God will do with those that came before as He will. When Christ conqured death, hell, and the grave, salvation was then for all peoples. Indians aren't the only folk that did'nt have an apostle walking among them and God does'nt have to meet my expectations. There's plenty of Native Americans living now who have heard the Gosple message and can choose for themselves.
I spect everythings the way it is because that's the way it's supposed to be.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #9
Typical Buck

Quote:
ORIGINAL: SP10

Cardeer, you are wrong. If they went anywhere it was to the Happy Hunting Ground which I find a lot more credible than your hell.
You aint calling me wrong. Thats what the Bible says, so your calling God wrong.As simple as John 3:16 and many othersupporting scriptures.The Word of God says he made the lake of fire for Satan and his followers. When that is researched out thru scriptures using a good concordance it means anybody who refuses Jesus as the ONLYsavior is a follower of the evil one.So will have eternal abode in the lake of fire with Satan their father.Thats what the very breathed word of God says.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:37 PM   #10
Nontypical Buck

for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Roman 5

The Blood of Yeshua even saved those who have died in Noah's flood.
The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. Zephaniah 1:14
פרץ