logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Old 08-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
Boone & Crockett

Default Riot in Charlottesville, VA

A group of white supremacists, KKK Members and Nazis received a permit to demonstrate against the planned removal of a Robert E. Lee statue. Some counter demonstrators showed up and the fight was on.

David Duke, former head of the KKK, criticized president Trump for his statement.

Quote:
Saturday’s “Unite the Right” rally was meant to protest the planned removal of a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee. The city of Charlottesville voted to remove the statue earlier this year, but it remains in the Emancipation Park, formerly known as Lee Park, pending a judge’s ruling expected later this month.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/one...id=HPCOMMDHP15

Numerous US congressmen are criticizing Trump for not condemning the far right bunch.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...id=HPCOMMDHP15
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #2
Nontypical Buck

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Most always the same scenario, right radicals and left radicals, both trying to play the victim card. Both feeling justified in their self righteous delusions.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
Dominant Buck

This is exactly how the progressive movement wants it. Useful idiots to balkanize society against each other.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:03 PM   #4
Boone & Crockett

Yep, some raging nutcase drove his car into the crowd then backed up fast killing one injuring many others.

Quote:
Video recorded at the scene of the car crash shows a 2010 gray Dodge Challenger accelerating into crowds on a pedestrian mall, sending bodies flying — and then reversing at high speed, hitting yet more people. Witnesses said the street was filled with people opposed to the white nationalists who had come to town bearing Confederate flags and anti-Semitic epithets.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/one...id=HPCOMMDHP15

Video of car hitting crowd:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...68CC&FORM=VIRE

Last edited by falcon; 08-12-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:04 PM   #5
Giant Nontypical

Was the driver black or caucasian?

Edit for "n e g r o" is a banned word here I guess...
jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:37 AM   #6
Giant Nontypical

I Googled the incident and the Chicago Tribune has a picture of the guy, he is a white guy from Ohio. I also heard on the news that a federal judge ordered the city to allow the Nazis and KKK to demonstrate where they did, big surprise here with the federal courts sticking their nose in an area that should have been the city's decision as to location. Additionally, I am very sick and tired of Trump's comments being criticized because he said, and I paraphrase, it was a horrible act and that there is blame on many sides, which I believe is true. Funny thing, when the black lives matter crowd was running around protesting and causing problems for cities no one criticized Obama for not criticizing the black lives matter hooligans for the violence they created.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 08-13-2017 at 04:45 AM. Reason: New info on race of killer
Oldtimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:59 AM   #7
Boone & Crockett

Yep, Oldtimr is right.

The city wanted the demonstration held in a huge park. The protest organizers and the ACLU went to court.

Trump made it clear that clashes like this one have no place in the USA.

The US Civil War and the former Confederacy is part of my heritage. My G-Grandfather and his four brothers fought for the Confederacy. Three brothers were KIA and another brother, who was not in the Confederate army, was taken hostage and was starved to death in a federal prison camp.

i belong to a Sons of Confederate Veterans camp in VA. i recently wrote a letter to the Charlottesville city council asking them to re-consider their decision to move the Robert E. Lee statue. Never in my craziest moment did i ever want something like happened yesterday.

Both sides of this issue want to re-write history. The left wingers want all mention of Confederate heroes erased from US history: They will oppose anything that does not agree with their ultra liberal agenda.

The white supremacists (KKK, Nazis and others) admire Adolph Hitler. Their mouth pieces now claim that all those Jews and others who died in Nazi work camps, concentration camps and death camps died of typhus. They blame the Jews for all the ills of this country.

AG Sessions soundly condemned yesterdays events in Charlottesville. The little scumbag who drove into that crowd may be charged with terrorism.

Last edited by falcon; 08-13-2017 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:47 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
I also heard on the news that a federal judge ordered the city to allow the Nazis and KKK to demonstrate where they did, big surprise here with the federal courts sticking their nose in an area that should have been the city's decision as to location. .
I am a states right guy. I have not read details on this. If the city was supressing their right to demonstrate, than it would be federal matter.

One of the few things the federal government should do is uphld the Constitution.

I do think it is silly to be tearing down these statues, and it just bring more press to them. But it is a states right.

I do like courts slowing it down, and let heads cool, since they are historical.

One unintended counsequence I suspect will happen, is KKK groups will build civil war museums or displays, duplicating what was taken down, to some degree. Will bring those groups closer to mainstream, if people visit out of protest.
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #9
Giant Nontypical

The city was not suppressing the hate groups right t demonstrate! They wanted the demonstration in one place while the idiots wanted it in another to the idiots went to federal court where more than not, the idiots get their way. Nazis and kkk members are not now nor will they ever be mainstream and anyone who would visit any museum they built would be the stupid visiting a museum of stupidity. Remember, these are the people who deny the Holocaust happened! Having these wing nuts support the keeping of Confederate history is counter productive because anyone associated with these mouth breathers is also considered a whack job!
Old 08-13-2017, 08:30 AM   #10
Nontypical Buck

#1 I dislike hate groups - white ones and black ones
#2 Hate groups have every right to hate and organize and protest - 100% legal

#3 The entire core problem is being overlooked - the removal of US history
Ranger77 is offline   Reply With Quote