logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:39 AM   #21
Nontypical Buck

Location: CO Born but roaming the nation on retirement for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Back from Colorado vacation and glad to see everyone is still here.
Where in CO you been? I've been in Erie and Peetz for the last 3 weeks seeing family and working on a place I own. Headed to Mesa Verde today to show that part of the state to my wife and then to the Grand Canyon.

It's been good to get back West. Been away too long.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #22
Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
The nuclear family can still exist even in our modern world. My husband and I each have a career which is important to us. But our family is always together for breakfast and supper. Our daughters go with us wherever we go, except for hunting. We are now taking our oldest with us to hunt. Soon we will be taking both of them. If we go out for an evening, they go with us. We don't go anywhere we can't take them.

When we talked about getting married we decided what promises we would make to each other. When we decided to get married, we made those promises to each other. My husband is the head of our family. I am obedient and respectful to him and he is respectful to me. Our daughters see that example and are obedient and respectful to their father and their mother.

We expect them to become educated. They learned to read and write long before most children do. Their grandma is teaching them Japanese, and they are pretty fluent already. Both of them can write everything in hiragana and they are learning ganja. We give them great praise for learning. I always got perfect scores on my report cards. There was some pressure, because I knew my mother would whip me if I didn't. But when I brought home my perfect report card, Mama would take me out for dinner to this Chinese restaurant and boast to everyone how proud she was of her "little scholar." Of course, it gave me great incentive to do well.

Your family is everything. There is nothing more important. Your children learn respect for their parents, their ancestors, and the traditions of their ancestors. Maybe a time or two you might have to give a little whipping, but really, the thing is to love and praise them for all that they do the right way. When my husband comes home, we meet him at the door and bow to him. Then he gives us all a hug and a kiss. If I come home after him, I am greeted at the door. The girls bow to me, I bow to my husband and we all exchange hugs and kisses. Then we all talk and have supper. This is the core of our lives.

Okay, I go on and on, but the American people, I think, would do very well to get back to focus on the family of husband and wife and children. This is what makes a culture.
Totally agree with you Sachiko
Old 06-13-2014, 12:20 AM   #23
Typical Buck

Good post Sachiko. Just don't think I could get my wife or daughter to bow to Me. They respect me and I them, and there are hugs and kisses. But bowing just don't see that happening.
The 1st Amendment protects our right to speak out when it or our other rights are stepped on, The 2nd protects the Frist. Ozomies voted for Obama, shooting Ozombies in the head will do no good, as they have no brains to blow out. Run away from them as fast as you can, working for their food kills them.
ckell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:24 AM   #24
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckell View Post
Good post Sachiko. Just don't think I could get my wife or daughter to bow to Me. They respect me and I them, and there are hugs and kisses. But bowing just don't see that happening.
Of course that would be very strange for a family like yours to do.

Although my family has been in this country since the latter half of the 1800s, my mother taught me to follow our traditions. Younger bows to older, children bow to parents, wife bows to husband. It's our way of continual reminder of relationship. Before we married, my husband and I had long discussions and made agreements on all these kinds of things. Some people think it is kind of strange like, for example, I obey my husband. But this was my insistence because it makes for harmony in a marriage if the husband is the head of the family. So my husband and I don't argue about anything. We can just discuss it and then he decides. That is the way I want it to be. I don't advocate this kind of behavior for others, but it works for us. Of course, you can read in the Christian Bible that the wife should obey her husband, so this is not unique to the culture of my ancestors.

Some people have told me I am too strict, but I cringe when I see children having tantrums to get their way, or parents yelling at their children or slapping them, even toddlers. We don't punish until six years old because children cannot understand that until then. We just use quiet firmness and praise. When our daughters come to one of us with a request, the will bow first. This shows that they respect that we, their parents, know the right thing to do and that we act in their best interests.

My screen name is spelled 幸子 in kanji or さちこ in hiragana

Thanks to our veterans that we are using English

----------------------

From the creating spirit
of heaven and earth
I have received the soul
by which I am who I am

From a goshinka in Yamakage Shinto
sachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:50 AM   #25
Boone & Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by flags View Post
Where in CO you been? I've been in Erie and Peetz for the last 3 weeks seeing family and working on a place I own. Headed to Mesa Verde today to show that part of the state to my wife and then to the Grand Canyon.

It's been good to get back West. Been away too long.
My hunting partner has a very nice cabin in the Rocky's on the eastern rim about 50 miles east of Alamosa in south central Colorado. Recently he bought another cabin which came on the market which is much larger and is in the same area. My wife and I made the trip to help he and his wife move to the new digs and to enjoy the beautiful weather. We did quite a bit of riding around and saw loads of deer, elk and even some wild horses on a day trip to Taos, NM. I'll be making my 9th hunting trip in 9 years out there second season rifle looking for a bull elk. Nothing like the west for seeing animals and beautiful country. It was good to get back home though after almost 2 weeks..

CI
Champlain Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #26
Nontypical Buck

So much for truth in the media! This link is a little lengthy, but worth reading
or at least skimming over the highlights on how what I mentioned earlier in this thread were far from the true facts. I guess it's really not that surprising when you think about media coverage on stuff!

http://news.msn.com/world/media-exag...rish-orphanage
Topgun 3006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:11 AM   #27
Nontypical Buck

The Catholic church has been imploding for the past 20 yrs.
Tundra10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:53 AM   #28
Little Doe Peep

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra10 View Post
The Catholic church has been imploding for the past 20 yrs.
My husband firmly believes that Vatican II was the kiss of death for the Catholic Church. It will just take a few more generations.

My screen name is spelled 幸子 in kanji or さちこ in hiragana

Thanks to our veterans that we are using English

----------------------

From the creating spirit
of heaven and earth
I have received the soul
by which I am who I am

From a goshinka in Yamakage Shinto
sachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:22 AM   #29
Boone & Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
My husband firmly believes that Vatican II was the kiss of death for the Catholic Church. It will just take a few more generations.
Money is power and the Catholic Church put itself on the ropes due to various lawsuits and declining church membership. IMO had they modernized like many other churches society would have continued along with them. Issues like contraception, divorce and strict rules for attending church put many people out of touch with them. I wonder if 2 or 3 decades ago had they had allowed priests to marry if the church would have kept pace with what people were looking for. Probably some of the molestation wouldn’t have happened if they had allowed “normal” men into the priesthood. There is a shortage of people wanting to become priests probably due to that lifestyle. Opening the priesthood to women would help alleviate the problem. Often times women are more able to deal with family issues that put some people on the outside of the church.

CI
Champlain Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #30
Giant Nontypical

It isn't just the Catholic Church that is in trouble.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...ry.html#page=1

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/05/...hodist-church/

I do not understand how someone can remain a pastor that clearly does not understand (or worse, refuses to follow) the wording of the Bible or the laws of the church.