logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #11
Typical Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewman555 View Post
It's not a black eye or a tragedy......ITS A CRIME.....to have this government stand by and watch Americans be KILLED and do NOTHING....NOTHING AT ALL....when with all the weapons and manpower at our ready ....that within an hour we could have had fighter jet there to HELP these HEROS....to just sit there and WATCH.......that's a CRIME in my opinion ......
x 2 Agreed
browtine7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #12
Nontypical Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydad View Post
That wasn't my question!!!!! My question was why are Republicans so partisan and mean-spirited?
Because Democrats are so STUPID and IGNORANT....
brewman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #13
Dominant Buck

Quote:
That wasn't my question!!!!! My question was why are Republicans so partisan and mean-spirited?
Who says they are? The partisan mean spirited media or the politicians they are in the tank for? Can you provide exaples?
Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”. ~ Robert Heinlein
Fieldmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #14
Nontypical Buck

Quote:
Who's to say that it isn't the shadow of the Dems hyper-partisan tactics that is casting republicans in a certain light.
Given what we know about the dems and their control of media spin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_ds1xQmD4
sconnyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #15
Dominant Buck

Why is Diane Feinstein investigatng this and holding hearings HD? She's a dem and is in control whether or not the senate would do this. So why is she wasting her time?
Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 11-13-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #16
Dominant Buck

I think the 100k' picture is becoming clearer. Obama administration knew about Petraeus way before Benghazi. They knew they had this card to play and played it before the election when he went to congress and blamed the video. There is nothing to support the video line that was thrown out there. That train had left the station not long after it was given.

However now, they're still in cover up mode and trying to find a way out. Hilary is available. Petraeus isn't available. This isn't over and congress needs to stay on top of Benghazi. Who knew what when? Why hasn't Obama come clean as to what he knew and what orders he gave. Either he didn't know and is incompetent or he did and was derelict. Either way we need to know.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:23 AM   #17
Nontypical Buck

As an American I hope the WHOLE TRUTH comes out no matter who's to blame...and then punish those who are responsible for what happened.....
brewman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:27 AM   #18
Dominant Buck

It's pretty evident that Petraeus was black mailed over the affair. Now the Whatever House is claiming he doesn't need to testify at all.

Quote:
Krauthammer: White House 'Held Affair Over Petraeus's Head' For Favorable Testimony On Benghazi
By Noel Sheppard | November 13, 2012 | 19:50
*67 *294 Reddit0 *10
A *A

Syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer on Tuesday said the White House used David Petraeus’s affair to get the CIA director to give testimony about the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that was in line with the administration’s position on the matter.

Appearing on Fox News's Special Report, Krauthammer said, "The sword was lowered on Election Day" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: I think the really shocking news today was that General Petraeus thought and hoped he could keep his job. He thought that it might and it would be kept secret, and that he could stay in his position. I think what that tells us is really important. It meant that he understood that the FBI obviously knew what was going on. He was hoping that those administration officials would not disclose what had happened, and therefore hoping that he would keep his job. And that meant that he understood that his job, his reputation, his legacy, his whole celebrated life was in the hands of the administration, and he expected they would protect him by keeping it quiet.

And that brings us to the ultimate issue, and that is his testimony on September 13. That’s the thing that connects the two scandals, and that’s the only thing that makes the sex scandal relevant. Otherwise it would be an exercise in sensationalism and voyeurism and nothing else. The reason it’s important is here’s a man who knows the administration holds his fate in its hands, and he gives testimony completely at variance with what the Secretary of Defense had said the day before, at variance with what he’d heard from his station chief in Tripoli, and with everything that we had heard. Was he influenced by the fact that he knew his fate was held by people within the administration at that time?

Story Continues Below Ad ↓

As a point of reference, ABCNews.com reported on September 14:

The attack that killed four Americans in the Libyan consulate began as a spontaneous protest against the film “The Innocence of Muslims,” but Islamic militants who may have links to Al Qaeda used the opportunity to launch an attack, CIA Director David Petreaus told the House Intelligence Committee today according to one lawmaker who attended a closed-door briefing.

This of course was the administration line for almost two weeks after the attacks.

With that in mind, Krauthammer drove his point home further a few minutes later:

KRAUTHAMMER: Of course it was being held over Petraeus’s head, and the sword was lowered on Election Day. You don’t have to be a cynic to see that as the ultimate in cynicism. As long as they needed him to give the administration line to quote Bill, everybody was silent. And as soon as the election’s over, as soon as he can be dispensed with, the sword drops and he’s destroyed. I mean, can you imagine what it’s like to be on that pressure and to think it didn’t distort or at least in some way unconsciously influence his testimony? That’s hard to believe.

If Krauthammer is correct, it's going to be very interesting to see if and how the Obama-loving media reports it.

Stay tuned.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz2CCeq9LbR

Old 11-14-2012, 05:20 AM   #19
Little Doe Peep

Cool

"Lawmakers want to know why FBI Director Robert Mueller and Attorney General Eric Holder held off telling White House about probes of Petraeus affair,"

Do we really believe the "White House" knew nothing about this until election day?

My screen name is spelled 幸子 in kanji or さちこ in hiragana

Thanks to our veterans that we are using English

----------------------

From the creating spirit

of heaven and earth

I have received the soul

by which I am who I am

From a goshinka in Yamakage Shinto
sachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Do we really believe the "White House" knew nothing about this until election day?
I don't know but this is definitely a fun scandal to read about. The FBI investigating the head of the CIA. The head of the CIA resigning over a sexual affair... wow! The FBI rushing to tell everybody about a consensual affair.... wow! A love triangle involving a lebanese immigrant.... wow! I don't know what the heck is going on here but it belongs in a Vince Flynn novel. I am very interested in seeing where all of this leads.

Party boy Petraeus. I have much more respect for him now. He's just like me!

Last edited by hockeydad; 11-14-2012 at 05:47 AM.
hockeydad is offline   Reply With Quote