logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:59 AM   #61
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Obama will not take our guns away

Obammy isn't going to take away squat citizens will not allow it! What he will do is start another civil war.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #62
Fork Horn

Quote:
ORIGINAL: The Rev

Obammy isn't going to take away squat citizens will not allow it! What he will do is start another civil war.
That is what I see happing
Old 10-30-2008, 08:09 AM   #63
Boone & Crockett

Quote:
ORIGINAL: The Rev

Rather an unsettling prospect... But, we've got GI's here who say they'd willingly obey orders from Obammy to perform a house to house search and confiscation, apparently happy to kick in peoples' doors in direct violation of Posse Comitatus and the U.S. Constitution. They're welcome to come and take mine, but the barrel's gonna be very hot.

ipscshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:26 PM   #64
Fork Horn

The fact that this is a hunting form and everyone here hunts, with GUNS and yet some of us are going to vote for obama is sad. Why vote for someone even if it was only a thought that he was gonna jeopordize your gun rights?? You guys need to wake up and smell the roses. he voted everytime against guns. he voted to prosicute an individual for protecting himself in his house with a weapon. You think that this isnt serious, the demi's in washington have everything all in line for this to happen and as soon as he is in its going through. And yes they will be busting in your doors and taking your guns. We will not be the first to have this happen and the fact that some of you here are going to take that risk is sickening. Obama is out to redo the constitution to his liking's. He has NOTHING under him that will actually work and get us were we need to be. He has nothing, him and the media are feeding you guys with lies and your soaking them in. You think have the government controll health care is better. The obviously can, i mean look at what just happened with fanny mae and freddie mac, they obviously ran that pretty good. You can bet that if they run your health care anything like they did fanny mae that your screwed. And dont point fingers at bush and mccain, get out and do the research it was the democrates in control of all that. And what is happening in canada with there government controlled health care?? Why are they coming here for there surgeries?? because under the government controlled health care they are under a waiting list, wait untill your dead. What is it like in Great Britian, same thing, the life expentency is around 55 there. Why, because everything they need is through the government, when they need a knee or heart replacement it has to go through the government. Look at it, the government than says your 55 your not worth much to society so were not gonna do for you. Again get out there and search it. And now take my 401k, everything is better with the government running it. i dont want to have the chance to manage my own money. Come on people wake up, this is for real.
brad_vanderband1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:48 AM   #65
Nontypical Buck

Quote:
ORIGINAL: brad_vanderband1

And what is happening in canada with there government controlled health care?? Why are they coming here for there surgeries?? because under the government controlled health care they are under a waiting list, wait untill your dead. What is it like in Great Britian, same thing, the life expentency is around 55 there. Why, because everything they need is through the government, when they need a knee or heart replacement it has to go through the government. Look at it, the government than says your 55 your not worth much to society so were not gonna do for you. Again get out there and search it.
not to highjack a thread, but
average life expectency:
Canada: 80.34
Great Britain: 78.7
United States: 78.06

at least per the CIA World Factbook
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2102.html
boysda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:17 AM   #66
Giant Nontypical

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Simp

Might it be that some of us are more concerned with the economy instead of falling for the age old "gun grabbing" rhetoric?As a registered Republican, I always thought it was the "right thing to do" by voting along party lines, but after having seen what "W" has gotten us into and the condition the US is in right now I promise you I won't make the same mistake as I did in '00 and '04 by voting for a Republican.
Obviouisly, your screen name is also descriptive. Obama is looking to TAKE from YOU and GIVE to those who DID NOT WORK FOR IT. For instance, tax rebate checks to those who pay no taxes. That's a sure way to fix things up, right ? You cite "W" as being the cause of our economic woes, which is really a SIMPleton's-eye view of the situation as presented by Obama. It was DEMS who ran oversight and reported back to congress that ALL"s WELL with FHLMC and FNMA. IT was CLINTON who abused the deregulation by making it MANDATORY for lenders to offer mortgages to people who could no pay for them.
THe only mistake here, is your thought process...your democrat vote supports the very bunch of skunks
who've eroded this economy down to ALMOST as bad as that we 'enjoyed' during the Jimmy Carter admin.
Oh and let's not forget the proposal to 'convert' your 401k retirement plans (there's trilliions in personal wealth there !) into a government retirement plan (remember the Social Security and the subsequent looting of same by democrats ?). WHat a maroon.....

SO it's not JUST about guns...but that's where this thread started, and where this 'indivisible Union' may end. There WILL be those among us who will not just hand over their guns (and daddy's guns, and grampa's guns...) without a fight. Another Civil War ? Maybe it's time ?
Old 10-31-2008, 12:47 PM   #67
Fork Horn

well if your all for it you might want to look at this
http://www.angelfire.com/pa/sergeman...ocialized.html
http://healthcare-economist.com/2008...great-britain/
Old 10-31-2008, 05:44 PM   #68
Typical Buck

brad vanderband1:

can you please take the time to inform me just how the hell you think voting the republican ticket is gonna keep you from big govt. after what has happened in this country over the past 8 yrs>???? On second thought,,tell me how you think voting the democratic ticket is going to give us bigger govt than we already have,,,democratic or republican vote is gonna do nothing more than throw us in a bigger sh!t heap than we are already in. There is no way that you can say another republican in office will make this a better country for it's citizens with the currentBush adm. track record! And,,theres no way you can tell me that a democratic pres. is going to make it worse than it is right now,,,,I sure as He!! dont have the answers to fix the God awful mess that this countrys in right now,,,but i bet it wont be fixed anytime soon by either rep. or dem.When money is involved,,,the right thing will never be done,,as can be justified by looking at the housing markets recent "fall from the heavens". There is too much corruption in "OUR" govt and it will not fix itself until the "PEOPLE" stand up and take it back,,(both republican & democrats i might add)
rem700man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:13 PM   #69
Giant Nontypical

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rem700man

brad vanderband1:

can you please take the time to inform me just how the hell you think voting the republican ticket is gonna keep you from big govt. after what has happened in this country over the past 8 yrs>???? On second thought,,tell me how you think voting the democratic ticket is going to give us bigger govt than we already have,,,democratic or republican vote is gonna do nothing more than throw us in a bigger sh!t heap than we are already in. There is no way that you can say another republican in office will make this a better country for it's citizens with the currentBush adm. track record! And,,theres no way you can tell me that a democratic pres. is going to make it worse than it is right now,,,,I sure as He!! dont have the answers to fix the God awful mess that this countrys in right now,,,but i bet it wont be fixed anytime soon by either rep. or dem.When money is involved,,,the right thing will never be done,,as can be justified by looking at the housing markets recent "fall from the heavens". There is too much corruption in "OUR" govt and it will not fix itself until the "PEOPLE" stand up and take it back,,(both republican & democrats i might add)
Your view is justified and understandable. I will state :
a: both parties are completely untrustworthy with taxpayer dollars. I consider McCain neither democrat
nor republican and as such, is not a part of 'business as usual politics'.
b: Obama has PROMISED increased government intrusion into our lives
c: McCain is the only candidate looking to CUT government spending and has promised to do so.

No-brainer on that one...
Old 11-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #70
Fork Horn

quote:

ORIGINAL: rem700man

brad vanderband1:

can you please take the time to inform me just how the hell you think voting the republican ticket is gonna keep you from big govt. after what has happened in this country over the past 8 yrs>???? On second thought,,tell me how you think voting the democratic ticket is going to give us bigger govt than we already have,,,democratic or republican vote is gonna do nothing more than throw us in a bigger sh!t heap than we are already in. There is no way that you can say another republican in office will make this a better country for it's citizens with the current Bush adm. track record! And,,theres no way you can tell me that a democratic pres. is going to make it worse than it is right now,,,,I sure as He!! dont have the answers to fix the God awful mess that this countrys in right now,,,but i bet it wont be fixed anytime soon by either rep. or dem.When money is involved,,,the right thing will never be done,,as can be justified by looking at the housing markets recent "fall from the heavens". There is too much corruption in "OUR" govt and it will not fix itself until the "PEOPLE" stand up and take it back,,(both republican & democrats i might add)

Your view is justified and understandable. I will state :
a: both parties are completely untrustworthy with taxpayer dollars. I consider McCain neither democrat
nor republican and as such, is not a part of 'business as usual politics'.
b: Obama has PROMISED increased government intrusion into our lives
c: McCain is the only candidate looking to CUT government spending and has promised to do so.

No-brainer on that one... '

I understand what you mean, but our options here is not for Mr. Goody here. and no, no president either candidatancy will make this place better over night. But we as americans need to stand up for what america has given us, that being our freedom, our money, our guns. How is voting democrate gonna bring us a bigger government, well nationalisd health care for one. Redistibuting of the wealth, our money no longer our choice. our 401k's into the government turned into savings bonds, no longer ours. our guns taken away...... how many more items do you want??