Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-23-2013, 01:47 AM
Spike

Default bou hunt

Originally Posted by dean7x57
Hey Guys,
I will be up at Kiskim on the first day this year and I was wondering what I can expect for weather?? What should I take for snow gear. I hunt upstate NY so I was wondering if my gear would be ok. I just hope that there still a few good ones that didn't loose their horns. Is there usually a lot of hiking involved or do you mostly sit and wait?
Thanks, Dean

Dean, first of all good luck! weather can be very cold & snowey
let us know how you all do, I have hunted out of camp K until they stoped the nov hunt's, would like to know how the camp is now. tell paul jerry said hi from Michigan, have safe hunt,
Old 12-05-2013, 03:25 AM
Spike

Default 2013 Hunt

We just got back last night and had another good year at Mirage.
I got this double shovel on LG 4 on Sun. 12/1/13 and it was -25 F out that morning. Good luck to all going up

https://s26.postimg.org/oa1yrqyzt/IMG_0006.jpg

Last edited by WESTFORD HUNTER; 01-22-2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: photo link
Old 12-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Spike

Default bou

Originally Posted by WESTFORD HUNTER
I got this double shovel on LG 4 on Sun. 12/1/13 and it was -25 F out that morning. Good luck to all going up!

congrads westford, looks like a nice bou, makes me want to go back up, but with only one bou for 2014 not worth it, would like to see the November hunt come back, and in 2006 we had -36 one day it got up to -5 for the high temp for the day. SO LETS GO BOU HUNTING!!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:35 AM
Spike

Mirage said that there is talk about maybe next year they might allow you to buy a second license so you can shoot a second caribou but that won't interest me much but it is a potential option. Obviously it is a money thing more than herd managment.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WESTFORD HUNTER
I got this double shovel on LG 4 on Sun. 12/1/13 and it was -25 F out that morning. Good luck to all going up!

Nice bull!
Old 06-23-2014, 03:19 AM
Spike

Hello all,

wow this is a thread that took a while to eat through. I have been interested in doing a winter hunt and have been looking at mirage. My main problem is it is a monster drive from wyoming up there. I see they have planes up in January and they have bus rides up in December. collecting a caribou would be one step closer to my little quest of a super 10. And of course with money being tight as it seems to be everywhere I am trying to scrimp where I can to try to get it all done. 2600 miles to get there will be no small feat in itself. From all the reading November is the best time to collect a bou with decent head gear but cant be done as of this year? First week of December is there usually snow for the snowmobile rental to be viable? I was wondering If i might get someone willing to talk of this hunt maybe by email as I have loads of questions to try to get a hunt set up and dont wish to make this already huge thread loaded down with I am sure to most stupid questions.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Spike

So I guess you can still shoot 2 caribou this year on the winter hunt.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Yes- and only 2 big bulls! Your wall must be getting full

We are glad the rules are steady this year again. I think the tree huggers are finnally admitting the herd is strong and growing.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:10 AM
Spike

How is the migration pattern looking this year? Not much talk going on here this year ? I sure wish I was heading up this year - Good Luck!
Old 12-06-2014, 04:38 AM
Spike

Unhappy 2014 boo hunt summary

We just got back from caribou hunting the first week of Dec up in northern Quebec. It was a bust. We stayed at the Kiskimaastakin camp. The caribou have all moved to 22A. There were a lot of issues with camp info. They had not done any pre-scout on the weekend before. We went out opening day by sled with quides. Lots of problems with machines and slush on ice, getting stuck. Went by heli next day, no caribou, still paid. On Tue night had a camp meeting with options: free stay and try to get out by heli nort of 22A. There were no breaks by camp or reimbursements. Total of 10 boo taken for 70 hunters. I think Mirage took 20. BAD!!!

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.