Bow hunters from Barrie ? >

Bow hunters from Barrie ?

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Bow hunters from Barrie ?

Old 01-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow hunters from Barrie ?

I get out to a friends farm just north of Barrie a couple of times a year, but I haven't harvested anything with my compound yet (near Heidis campground). I did have a coyote run right under my stand this year, thought it was my hosts german sheppard at first. I took my 1st turkey there but that was shotgun.

I haven't been on the board for a year or so, didn't you used to go by Boss Tom?
If you in the area what are your thoughts on the base Borden Rod and Gun club? I've done some work on the base and can't believe the number of turkeys in the range areas, but haven't had an chance to look into access.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

I get out to a friends farm just north of Barrie a couple of times a year
Are you a head hunter or freezer filler? Let me know if you need another archer for deer hunting. The only thing I do not have is a decoy. I am willing to help you scout the area and look for sheds, too. Can't have too many rattling antlers.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hiya StealthyOne,

Unfortunatley the farm is only 100acres and everytime I go he tries to get me out of the bush to go riding or fishing, so bringing up guests to hunt isn't really an option for me.
But, if you have some land or wanted to get together to work some public bush for a day I'd be more than willing once work slows down a bit.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tschaef

I get out to a friends farm just north of Barrie a couple of times a year, but I haven't harvested anything with my compound yet (near Heidis campground). I did have a coyote run right under my stand this year, thought it was my hosts german sheppard at first. I took my 1st turkey there but that was shotgun.

I haven't been on the board for a year or so, didn't you used to go by Boss Tom?
If you in the area what are your thoughts on the base Borden Rod and Gun club? I've done some work on the base and can't believe the number of turkeys in the range areas, but haven't had an chance to look into access.
Yes my friend I did go by Boss Tom at one time. I worked in Base aswell. Too hunt in there I believe you have to belong to the Rod and Gun and do work for them (so many Hours). There is a Ton of birds moving in and out of the base. I've heard that it is hunted hard aswell. Your better to work the outside of base...BT
Old 01-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi Adrian ! you know me don't you ,we haven met at the mill lately where you been. We need to get together again soon just for a chat .

talk later Adrian

nubo
Old 12-16-2014, 09:52 AM
Spike

Default New to this

Hey I am looking for someone to teach me about hunting. just got my first bow, and live in Barrie. Anyone looking to impart their knowledge?
Old 03-15-2015, 08:18 AM
Spike

Hello Adrian and Brampton Mike
tracer here from Wasaga Beach
OHL member