Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Monarchs of Alberta >

Monarchs of Alberta

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Monarchs of Alberta

Old 01-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Monarchs of Alberta

I'm looking for the video Monarchs of Alberta. It was one of the first videos on deer hunting produced back in the early 1980's I believe by Russell Thornberry. I loaned it to a friend, who loaned it to a friends, etc., etc., etc., and never got it back. Anyone here know where I can get a copy of it? I've done an internet search and come up empty.

I thought maybe some of you Canadian Hunters might be able to help me out here.....
Old 01-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Monarchs of Alberta

Try ebay or kijiji.ca
Old 01-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

I have it somewhere and there is a guy I know that has it but i will have to find his phone # for you
Old 01-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

I have an old VHS copy of a copy I just watched a week back. Danmn they had some huge antlers!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Fork Horn

If one of you guys would make a copy of the VHS video you have and send it to me I'd pay you for your time and effort...I can't find mine anywhere (and I can't find one anywhere else). I even called Russell Thornberry and left a message for him, but he hasn't called me back yet.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:07 AM

you might want to try CABELA'S, AS THEY USED TO HAVE THEM IN THEIR CATALOG.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM

Had a copy, doubt I can find it right away. Think it might be in storage from my last move.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:18 PM

I had that video aswell, got it from the old man.. if I remember correctly it is a Stoney Wolf production and I belive they still manufactuer it. Check them out on google.
What a video!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:08 PM

If you are still looking for monarchs of albertaTRY http://www.scihouston.org/index.php?Itemid=121&id=51&option=content& amp;task=view I just can't figure out how to order.

look for
With the WORLD FAMOUS CANADIAN HUNTING SERIES VHS COLLECTION[/b] you’ll travel all over Canada. This 6-VHS set from MacMillan River Outfitters, Ltd., will have you hunting whitetail with Dave Coleman and Russell Thornberry in “Monarchs of Alberta.” Tackle 60° below zero weather with Bob Keeler tracking polar bear in “Manhunter.” “Giants of the Yukon” features a spectacular hunting adventure for the world’s largest antlered animal with Bob Keeler once again hunting with both bow and rifle. Trophy stone sheep hunting is the theme in “Yukon Stone.” Join Pope & Young director Stan Godfrey as he faces a moose with bow and arrow at ten yards in “Moose.” Finally, take part in the bowhunting adventure of a lifetime in some of Canada’s remotest wilderness with “Bowhunting Monarchs of the North” as you hunters stalk stone sheep, moose, grizzly and black bear.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:52 AM
TJD
Fork Horn

I have seem copies offered on Ebay from time to time, so check there periodically.

I love that video. It came out when most of the domestic US videos had run of the mill bucks. This video had some true monsters on it. Plus it was fun to watch. I remember the story of the young guy who had to shoot his deer about 5 times and the deer charged him "taking" his gun from him when it got caught in its antlers.

Great flick! Good luck in your search for a copy!

Quick Reply: Monarchs of Alberta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.