Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Leupold RX-650 Rangefinder >

Leupold RX-650 Rangefinder

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Leupold RX-650 Rangefinder

Old 03-30-2017, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Leupold RX-650 Rangefinder

I have never owned a rangefinder, didn't think that I needed one. I saw a new RX-650 on sale, it called to me and I answered. The reviews seem to be good, I hope the rangefinder is too. I deer hunt in mostly open rolling upland in the Midwest with a scoped bolt 30-06, the rangefinder might come in handy. Does anyone know anything about this particular rangefinder, good or bad? Thanks.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rangefinder !!!

Most places in the east, I don't even like carrying binoculars. My thinking. They are all good, except when you're not using them.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I finally received the Leupold RX-650 today, it was missing the lanyard but Leupold says they will send one free. My first impression is that it is so small and light. I will have to practice aiming it at things very far away because that could be a challenge--like a short barreled pistol on a long shot. It works like it should, push the button and it will give you a distance. I would like a little more eye relief, the box says it is 16mm. When you wear glasses you could use a little more room. It is simple, just line of sight, no temp, wind speed, etc. to confuse me and it was reasonably priced. I have not used one before so I can't give a comparison.