Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Compact Bino Advice >

Compact Bino Advice

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Compact Bino Advice

Old 02-14-2016, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Compact Bino Advice

Need a light weight compact bino with good performance. $$$ is somewhat an issue, but $300 +/- is doable. There will be used for hunting ... Thanks
Old 02-15-2016, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Need a light weight compact bino with good performance. $$$ is somewhat an issue, but $300 +/- is doable. There will be used for hunting ... Thanks
In that price range look no further than the Leupold Mojave 8x32

Amazon Amazon

I have compared them to some upper end 8x42 binos and I gotta tell you there is a lot of bang for your buck here and you are not giving up much in performance. They have replaced for the most part 99% of my day to day optics needs wants and desires.

Last edited by miketodd58; 02-15-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

For a true compacts, I've used the 8x25 Nikon Travelite's for quite some time. For what they are and the price range they are in... they are super. Super light, very clear and crisp, easy to use. I have a nicer set of full size, but I rarely grab them due to size/weight.

If you are stepping up to a mid-size (like 32's) I would consider the Sightron SII Blue Sky 8x32. Check Optics planet, they usually have good pricing.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:22 AM
Spike

Hi! I recommend ATN BINOX-HD 4-16X (http://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-binocular). This binocular can be used day and night, has a built-in camera, Wi-Fi and much more. I've been using this device for two months. I am pleased.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Spike

Default binocs

I have a pair of Steiner Merlin 8x32. I've had them for about 10 years. Absolutely incredible bino's

Greg
Old 03-12-2016, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wound up going with a Steiner "Predator". Main reasons were there were several good reviews, price range, I wanted something easy to carry and I had a store credit. The binos arrived yesterday. I was pleased with the quality of the view and surprised at the low light performance. Now if they will hold up under field conditions.

Thanks for all the advice. Very much appreciated.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:40 AM
Banned

congrats. hope they serve you well. let us know
Old 06-01-2016, 02:22 AM
Spike

I was lookin at Swarovski CL Pocket 10x25 Binoculars Green but it's heavy on the price...this Steiner looks like a good deal...are you happy with it?
Old 08-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Spike

Default Leopold Rogue

I see you already made a purchase and Steiner makes great products. Leopold Rogue binoculars are very nice,clear,waterproof,and lifetime warranty. Can be picked up around $100 and are very nice for the $.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AndyWalker
Hi! I recommend ATN BINOX-HD 4-16X (http://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-binocular). This binocular can be used day and night, has a built-in camera, Wi-Fi and much more. I've been using this device for two months. I am pleased.
says only 6-8 hrs of battery life, thats not long if your on a week long hunt no??

and a 65 mm objective isn't a very compact pair of bino's either LOL

cool idea have a all in one deal
but I woul;dn't trust them on a COLD long hunt

Yrs back I had the Swarovski LRS range finding scope(almost 4 grand back in the 90';s)
and it too had low battery power is Alberta's cold weather, was WAY too heavy, and sat so high on a gun, I have to have a custom stock built

gadgets they turn out to be more than tools!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.