Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Purchased Zeiss conquest hd5 today >

Purchased Zeiss conquest hd5 today

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Purchased Zeiss conquest hd5 today

Old 11-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default Purchased Zeiss conquest hd5 today

Went to bass pro today and planned to buy the vx3 in the 3.5-10x40 since they have a rebate, knocking the price on the basic reticle, no frills model down to 400$. While I was there, I decided to look at the zeiiss hd5 in 2-10x42 even though I read enough to be convinced the vx3 is just as good.

While this is not a great test, it was the best I could do in the store. I picked the darkest and farthest corner and compared the brightness of each scope with the power setting on 6. It was immediately apparent that the zeiss was a brighter scope. Not huge differences but I've don't this test where I went back and forth, struggling to know for sure. In this case, the difference was obvious enough that I decided to buy it. Since cabelas had the scope on pre blk Friday for 550 w free ship, I ordered it. Once it arrives I will do more testing, may even compare to friends vx3. I hated to spend the extra money over the vx but felt like I would have always wished I bought the zeiss.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know you won't be sorry,started useing Zeiss over 10 years ago and I would take ANY Zeiss optics over Leupold any day...
Old 11-25-2015, 01:31 AM
Typical Buck

Thx, i am excited about getting a new scope. I have not bought a new scope in 14 years, bought two good ones back then and havent needed to make changes but i got the bug. Waiting for shipment via ups so friday or monday before i can start enjoying it
Old 11-25-2015, 02:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your new piece of gear!
Old 05-25-2016, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

I would have done the same thing great glass is hard to beat. Plus to find a comparable Leupold would have cost you a way more. You will not be sorry just enjoy and watch your friends drool.