Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Vortex

Old 09-18-2016, 04:47 PM
Spike

Bushnell, Burris, Leupold, no more questions
Old 10-15-2016, 06:50 PM
Spike

Wow i that's a lot of hater ade going towards vortex,i bring on a fixed income have to spend my few $$ wisely and I'll be honest my first choice in my price range was the Nikon prostaff 4x12 ans then a leoupold 3x9 vx1 untill n'y eyes gendered through the diamondback HP ,which now a 4x16 now sits on top of my 300weatherby and I've set in under water for 30 minutes in the sink before mounting it anyhow iam sure nikon and leoupold can handle it also the human eye is very subjective,so what looks great to one person can look like trash to another person.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Have to start checking on optics

My youngest scope is around 20 years old. I have different scopes depending on the price of the rifle. If the scope looked good to my eyes, I bought it.
I have two scopes that are so cheap because I won't put an expensive scope on an inexpensive rifle. And the rifle bought in a close-out sale was so cheap, that I wouldn't expect a newby to believe it. And I don't even advertise the scopes. Whose going to believe that they lasted twenty some years.
And people are still looking at lifetime guaranted scopes. And I'm so old, guaranted lifetime doesn't impress me.

Last edited by Valentine; 10-18-2016 at 05:16 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:24 AM
Banned

I have no opinion of vortex either way. but I will say I have several leoupold scopes that are over thirty years old and I have never yet ,had an issue with a single one of them.that ,to me, is better then any warranty.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

I was just in one of our better sporting good stores and compared a $1500 Vortex to a $800 Burris ad the Burris was the better scope. To me Vortex is over rated and not really a better deal price wise. The clerk at the store had a few Vortex stories for me that left me not wanting another one. Leupold is still my personal favorite fair priced scope with Nikon now running a close second with their warranty.