Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Leica or Sworovski range finder binoculars >

Leica or Sworovski range finder binoculars

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Leica or Sworovski range finder binoculars

Old 07-28-2015, 06:28 PM
Spike

Default Leica or Sworovski range finder binoculars

I owned a pair of Leica 10x42 range finder binoculars that I had for 2 years and just got stolen. I liked them very much and had no problems with them. I have heard of warranty problems with Leica but never had an occasion to send them in for repair. I hunt predominantly mule deer and I use a rifle that has been set up for long range shooting so a range finder is a must. A friend of mine has Sworovski range finder binoculars that he swears by. I have looked thru them and they seem to be great, but cannot tell the difference between the two. Can anyone give me a good reason for me to switch to Sworovski?
Old 07-28-2015, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you have that kind of money, just take a look at these before you decide.

http://www.gseven.com/products/G7-BR2
Old 07-29-2015, 08:06 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Sheridan
If you have that kind of money, just take a look at these before you decide.

http://www.gseven.com/products/G7-BR2
Thanks for the response. That seems to be a real nice piece of equipment, but most all the data that it puts out is already included in my scope, so what I need is binoculars with range finder so I can quickly know the range so I can dial the range into my scope.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by silverstreak
Thanks for the response. That seems to be a real nice piece of equipment, but most all the data that it puts out is already included in my scope, so what I need is binoculars with range finder so I can quickly know the range so I can dial the range into my scope.

I can only assume you are unaware that this rangefinder is programmable with your scope and the caliber / bullet you are using in the "conditions" you are hunting in.

The two you mentioned are merely binos & rangefinder in one; which is not a bad thing, however they do not account for all of the above (which can greatly affect your POI).

Admittedly this is only important if you plan on shooting long range !??

.....................but do your thing - Good luck with your decision !

Last edited by Sheridan; 07-29-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

so your using a BDC in your scope? if so just get a leica 900, if your not dialing and taking into account the current atmospheric conditions your still at medium range.
RR
Old 09-08-2015, 09:57 PM
Spike

I ended up buying the Leika 10x42 range finder binoculars again. Swarovski were more money and didn't offer anything better. I have a Huskemaw scope with a turret that is programmed for my 7mm mag using 160 grain Nosler Accubond bullets. I converted my rifle to a long range rifle about 3 years ago. I gave Huskemaw all data on the bullet as well as the elevation where I hunt and the average temperature when I'm hunting. All I have to do is range the animal and dial the range into the scope, hold the crosshairs on the animal and squeeze it off. I have killed mule deer out to 865 yards and have never lost an animal. Been hunting all my life(60+ yrs. of hunting)and due to being crippled up, cannot walk any more like I used to, and used to love it. I did not think I would ever hunt this way but life changes, I still love to hunt and cannot think about giving it up. I am very selective when shooting these distances, the animal has to be standing at the correct angle and not moving.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

Good choice Lieca has got their range finders pretty much fine tuned.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:25 AM
Spike

Swarovski is heavy on the price, for me at least. was looking at CL Pocket 10x25 Binoculars Green here ...Lieca sounds promising, anyone tried it?
Old 06-01-2016, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

They are both top of the line optic companies but theSwaro's may have a slight advantage in the bino department. Not sure though if there is a huge difference in price. Why are you wanting 10x25 a larger objective is much brighter.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:47 AM
Spike

wild bill g....frankly...I don't know :-)